• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOOT! Finally OC'ed for the first time today!

ScottyDog

imported post

Yes after having a CPL for over 10 years I took the plunge and OC'ed!

I was carrying my Kimber 1911 .45 stainless gold match in my shoulder rig. "Walked" 5 blocks to my local 7-11 and bought a pack of smokes. 2 Shoreline cops drove by me and didn't even give me two glances.

The clerk didn't even really notice, but he's been working the same shift for 3 years and always new I CC'ed.

Anyway, thanks to all of you on the forum for providing such honest insights, and actual links to laws so I gained the confidence to actually exercise my rights.

-Scott

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Hammer

imported post

Congrats!
It isn't always easy, but it's nice when it starts easy!
And, anything worth keeping is worth fighting for- your constitutional rights, in this case.

kenshin

imported post

Congrats!!

And just out of curiosity, what kind of shoulder rig do you have? I also have a Kimber and am looking for a decent should rig setup.

Thanks.

ScottyDog

imported post

Hey Kenshin... My shoulder rig is a fairly cheap uncle mikes job. Its not the best but it holds my Kimber and Beretta nicely. Although i wouldnt recommend it. It was an impulse buy on my part because I was having trouble finding a shoulder rig that would fit my needs. I'm left handed.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ScottyDog wrote:
Yes after having a CPL for over 10 years I took the plunge and OC'ed!

I was carrying my Kimber 1911 .45 stainless gold match in my shoulder rig. "Walked" 5 blocks to my local 7-11 and bought a pack of smokes. 2 Shoreline cops drove by me and didn't even give me two glances.

The clerk didn't even really notice, but he's been working the same shift for 3 years and always new I CC'ed.

Anyway, thanks to all of you on the forum for providing such honest insights, and actual links to laws so I gained the confidence to actually exercise my rights.

-Scott

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Scottydog,
I'll just add to your post if you don't mind. My OC has been the usual "baby steps". OC outside, getting gas and the like.
Today was hot and sunny so said the heck with it and OC'd into my first business as a customer.

As you, was carrying my Kimber .45 [Ultra SIS]. Uneventful in the store, but had to laugh as I was leaving. First time, and just as I was coming out of the store a Sno County deputy cruised slowly past me. I have no idea if it was pure coincidence or if someone called. I actually had to turn around and go back in to pick up something I forgot!

Congratulations on your experience:celebrate

Cheers,
Bill