• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Question

nick1207

imported post

If youre pulled over by a LEO do theyknow from running your licence plate that you have a CCW?

Undertaker

imported post

It's my understanding that the information given them when they 'run a plate' is that of whom the automobile registration for that plate belongs. Therefore if you are driving my car and get stopped, that officer knows before approaching the auto that the owner of the registration (Me) has a ccdw permit.

mellio

imported post

Undertaker wrote:
It's my understanding that the information given them when they 'run a plate' is that of whom the automobile registration for that plate belongs. Therefore if you are driving my car and get stopped, that officer knows before approaching the auto that the owner of the registration (Me) has a ccdw permit.
This is exactly what I was told whentalkingwith an officer this weekend. He said it depends on how fast their computer is running at the time,but most of the time he has all the info on the registered owner of the vehicle very quickly. He can run every car in sight within the time it takes wait for a red light to change when the computer systems is running good!