• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I apply for my CHL or wait?

Ironbar

imported post

You know tip, when all this blows over, perhaps you start dabbling in to single malt scotches. Now there's a fine way to unwind that's perfectly legal.

TiP

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
You know tip, when all this blows over, perhaps you start dabbling in to single malt scotches. Now there's a fine way to unwind that's perfectly legal.

Not a half-bad idea!

Oh wait, that would constitute "substance abuse" which, as we recall, is synonymous with "child abuse" which would land me right back where I am now, except then I'd be classified as a "repeat offender" with a "history of substance abuse". :cry::X:cuss:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

TiP

imported post

Sorry for the bitterness friends, but it's hard not to feel bitter over what I perceive (probably wrongly) as not just an egregious slight, but a miscarriage of justice that mey very well cause permanent damage to my daughter.

Worse still is the paranoia that accompanies this situation; I can't shake the feeling that the intense scrutiny under which I've been placed will only grow in intensity, and indeed be permanent in duration. My commitment to open-carrying may begin to waver, even though I know that I have a daughter to protect -- will it be seen as a threat to her wellbeing? A potential danger to which the State will feel she is being needlessly exposed (in spite of locks, serious talks, firearms education and other countermeasures)? Perhaps even be perceived as an open threat to their presence and intervention? (Of course I wouldn't open carry when in their offices and such, but once home-visits become included in their tactics, they'll have to deal with it in a more upfront manner, and that too worries me.) And would they try to use the exercise of my personal rights (in accordance with the law, of course) as an excuse to deny me my child?

I'd better stop now before I get too carried away, if I haven't already. :cry: :uhoh: