• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1875 Remington

Trigger Dr

imported post

Yep, I OC'd it today.

Also I have the following for sale, see next post

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thats cool, there was an OCer in Richmond VA a month or so ago who successfully used a replica Rem. 1875 in a defensive shooting, so the design can still deliver in a pinch.

Trigger Dr

imported post

no... it is a 357...If I can't do it with 6 shots, I should not be packing.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Indeed. Why people continue to dismiss wheelguns or "old fashioned" looking guns amazes me. It's as if they magically lost their abilities or something.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

I love it! I'd carry it too if I had an 1875. Hell, I'd carry an 1858.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

There is no problem with 6 shots. The problem is SA and, possibly, size.

Seems like a poor choice, given the many alternatives, for a self-defense carry gun.

For show, it kicks, of course. Verrrry nice looking.

How's the trigger pull on that gun?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Hank T, Have you ever held or shot a sa revolver? I think not. Having grown up with them and continued to use them for the last 50 + years, I have developed a skill set that would surprise you. Fast? that is a relative term. Poor choice? maybe for the untrained person. I don't care if Ifit in the mold others cast. I know my "limits" and often exceed them. It works for me.

Have a nice day.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Hank T, Have you ever held or shot a sa revolver? I think not. Having grown up with them and continued to use them for the last 50 + years, I have developed a skill set that would surprise you. Fast? that is a relative term. Poor choice? maybe for the untrained person. I don't care if Ifit in the mold others cast. I know my "limits" and often exceed them. It works for me.

Have a nice day.

Gee, TD. It was just a question/opinion.

How's the trigger on that nice looking gun? What's the trigger pull come out at?

What do you usually carry?

Batousaii

imported post

HankT wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

There is no problem with 6 shots. The problem is SA and, possibly, size.

Seems like a poor choice, given the many alternatives, for a self-defense carry gun.

For show, it kicks, of course. Verrrry nice looking.

How's the trigger pull on that gun?

I usually carry my .45 Auto, simply, it has that "sterile acceptable" feel to it.

- Personally, i'd much rather live in a Drop loop with a Single Action old model Vaquero in .45 LC ..... Why? I am actually better with that style, faster more acturate one shot placement.

- Dont get me wrong, love my Colt .45 Auto, but in reality, first shot is usually the game ender, stops the attack... If i had to expend all 8 rounds from "Sparky" or god forbid change to my spare mag.. there better be zombies or something.

:dude:Bat

P.S. gonna be looking for a old model .45 Vaquero 4 5/8 bbl in stainless soon. -yay.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Hank T.

My regular carry piece is a S&W mod 49 Bodygaurd. The 1875, Ican get off 6 shots more accurately and in less time that I can 5 with the mod 49. It is a result of training. ie have you observed or tried "Thumbing" it is extremely fast but does require a firm grip and LOTS of practice.The trigger on the 75 breaks clean right at 4.5#.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Hank T.

My regular carry piece is a S&W mod 49 Bodygaurd. The 1875, Ican get off 6 shots more accurately and in less time that I can 5 with the mod 49. It is a result of training. ie have you observed or tried "Thumbing" it is extremely fast but does require a firm grip and LOTS of practice.

6 SA 1875 shots faster than 5 M49 DA shots? That would be quite surprising. I doubt it, actually.

If you mean 6 1875 SA shots faster than 5 SA shots with a M49, that is a very odd comparison, considering the bodyguard's shroudedhammer.

Which one did you mean, TD?

Trigger Dr

imported post

This one. Stop by sometime and I will show you.

6 SA 1875 shots faster than 5 M49 DA shots? That would be quite surprising. I doubt it, actually.