• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil War re-enactors take notice

Trigger Dr

imported post

With original style shipping crate, sling, bullet mould, bullet pouch, percussion cap pouch, maintainence tool, possibles bag, canteen, bullet sizing die, cast bullets, ORIGINAL bayonet with home made scabbard. New condition, shot very little. $850 as show, $700 without bayonet

noname762

imported post

Hammer wrote:
Cool old rig- lots of accessories!
I'd love to have one, but it's not the right time for me....

Wow its been a very long time since I've seen such a beautiful rifle complete with ALL ACCESSORIES!!! Many times back when I used to be into blackpowder I would come across a rifle such as this and think to myself...hmmmmm.......

The last 2 gunshows I went to I was amazed (and NOT in a good way)how blackpowder arms have increased in price right alongside modern arms. Still I believe this to be an excellent deal. It is a .58 caliber ya know. That by itself is a big smidge bigger than the 50cal Hawken rifle. My first blackpowder gun was a 58cal. It wasn't anything like this gorgeous rifle but it was a 58. It was LOUD and a real shoulder kicker. It made a substantial hole on a paper target too.

Still I would only consider a F2F deal if I were to seriously consider making a deal like this. Like Hammer I am only in the market for modern military guns/ammo/accessories at this time. If I had the wherewithal and the muscle to pack the brute my 1st line choice would be the old trusty BAR from WWII fame.

And as for the 'duck taped' shipping crate....a few minutes restoration with the proper sized nails or screws and common carpenter tools should have the crate in top notch shape once again.

Trigger Dr

imported post

The duct tape is there to cover the edge of the fabric lining the crate. The originals did not have a fabric interior. The fabric was added to give a little "class". BUT that is ORIGINAL duct tape, not reproduction.:)