I do not know who you talked to here (at certain times of day it may
have not been a KPD employee), however, they were not properly informed.
I apologize for the misinformation. Our officers have been properly
informed. I agree with the information provided by the Michigan State
Police. In summary, remember that it is legal to carry an unconcealed
firearm in Michigan if:
1. You are not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm;
2. You are not in a location where it may be prohibited;
3. You are not under the influence of alcohol;
4. You are not in an automobile;
5. You are not committing another crime;
6. You do not brandish the weapon or cause another person to reasonably
be in fear.
I can also tell you that any police officer observing the firearm may
feel the need to observe you carefully for their own protection. I hope
this has been helpful.