Thread: New to site..

Post imported post

Hey guys I am new to this site. I live in the Mahoning County and I have been trying ALL day to get a correct answer out of local and state law enforcement. My question is this:

I currently do not hold a CCW License at this point in time (planning on geting it real soon) but I am curious about open carry. Now since I am not a permit/license holder for CCW is it LEGAL to open carry around town?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO!!!!!!

It would help if we knew the state you reside in.

We have learned after long experience to never ever ask law enforcement about the law. For a variety of reasons, you get wrong answers.

Best to consult the law yourself. Let us know your state, and we'll be happy to try to help.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO!!!!!!

We have learned after long experience to never ever ask law enforcement about the law. For a variety of reasons, you get wrong answers.

Best to consult the law yourself. Let us know your state, and we'll be happy to try to help.
    Wow I am a total IDIOT.. I live in Ohio and I am 23 yrs old

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

dkishton1486 wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO!!!!!!

Wow I am a total IDIOT.. I live in Ohio and I am 23 yrs old
    OK, guys. You got that? All twenty-three year olds from Ohio are idiots. He says so himself.

(Just teasing)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Check out the maps page. Also, that page has a link to Ohio statutes.

http://www.opencarry.org/oh.html

Also, you can read through the Ohio sub-forum:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/

Post imported post

Ok to my understanding I can legally carry my handgun openly without a permit/license or taking any class. Thank You

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

dkishton1486 wrote:
    Ok to my understanding I can legally carry my handgun openly without a permit/license or taking any class. Thank You
    You're welcome.

Next, I might recommend hopping over onto the Ohio sub-forum and posting an introduction. And asking for pointers, any intelligence about hostile cops in various locations, and the legality of voice-recorders. You might even senda PM (private message) to the regular participants if the sub-forum looks sleepy lately.

For some reason we haveplenty ofpeople who decide to get a voice-recorder after a run in with cops. But, nobody has ever said after a police encounter that they wished they had not recorded it. The legality of recording is really important, though.

Post imported post

dkishton1486 wrote:
    Just make sure you do your homework 1st!! Familiarize yourself with the laws!! For instance, in Michigan, without a CPL, you may only transport a pistol unloaded, locked, and inaccessible to the driver. You can't arm yourself until you've exited the vehicle. Then, on foot, you're fine. I'm just saying cover your ass with both hands, and know what you're doing.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.