• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to site

dkishton1486

imported post

Hey guys im new to the site. I live in the Mahoning County in Ohio. I have not yet taken my CCW class to get my permit/license but I am very intrested in the open carry. From what I gathered from another member on here in the state of ohio you can open carry without going to a class or hacing your permit/license. Is this true? Also if you have any run-ins with local cops about it?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Bienvenidos Welcome. You are Correct you need no such license to OC and there is no Registration for friearms or its componets.
Major thing Just OC in a holster that is in plain to see its a gun, Magazine Shuffle (Unload getting into car/Load upon exiting vehicle). If ou feel the need to stop by your Pd staion and talk to them do it the more people who are vocal with their Pd staions and have a good repeture with the command there will help.
If you have specific questions feel free to Pm me or even Legba he knows his @#$% from experience.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Please take time to read a number of posts here, as well as FULLY understand the laws (or the possible lack thereof) regarding open carry and concealed carry before, during, and after doing either.

Open carry should not be undertaken without an understanding of the potential legal (and other) implications.

Sad, but true.

So, before you ask a lot of questions that have been asked before, peruse the site. THEN, ask away.