• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My thoughts on LIBERTY

Summit_Ace

imported post

How far we have come.

" When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, 'just men who will rule in the fear of God.' The preservation of [our] government depends on the faithful discharge of this Duty; if the citizens neglect their Duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the Laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizen will be violated or disregarded. If [our] government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine Commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the Laws."

"Another source of power in government is a military force. But this, to be efficient, must be superior to any force that exists among the people, or which they can command; for otherwise this force would be annihilated, on the first exercise of acts of oppression. Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."

These quotes are from Noah Webster. He was a man of God, and helped to shape our young nation. In reading these words and seeing how they apply today, it is difficult not to see the divine inspiration that this man possessed. The words of of Mr. Webster not only remind us the sad state of affairs we are in, but also give us guidance as to how to correct our mistakes. We have come so far from the principles our forefathers laid for us and I believe part of the reason is that we as people have forgotten what liberty is. Liberty is not a privilege given to us by our government but a inalienable right given by God himself. This is not to say that our liberty can't be lost,it can. It can never be taken from us, only given away.The responsibility for the sorry state our nation is in today is on our heads not just because of who we vote for, but that we have failed to keep our elected servants (a reality that has been forgotten in recent years} in check. Men in power when unchecked will always try to take more power,that is human nature, but they can only take what "we the people" freely give them or refuse to fight for. It is our duty to keep our elected servants subservient to us "we the people" and to our constitution.The freedoms,rights,and liberties spelled out in our constitution were written down by men but they were given to us by God.Our constitution is just as valid today as it was over 200 years ago when it was written. It is us who have not defended it, who have changed.
The second quote of Noah Webster tells us what an unchecked government will do. Have things gone to far? I don't know. what I do know is that the people we have elected to serve us are trying to fulfill their lust for more power. They are doing this by attacking our God given rights as laid out in our constitution,and we are giving it to them in exchange for what we think is security and safety.In the words of Benjamin Franklin "anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security" and that is exactly what we will get - neither. I was recently talking to some men and one of them asked a question. Where is there real liberty? The other man quickly replied. In my home. Our nation and the free exercise of liberty it provided did not start with millions or even hundreds of people. It started with just a handful of men. It started as a spark. that spark quickly turned into a flame,and that flame of liberty quickly spread like wildfire. That's how freedom is,it's contagious. It is our duty to the men who laid down their lives fighting tyranny so that we could enjoy our liberties to not give those liberties away. It is our duty to them and our children to fight for them. It is our duty to keep the flame of liberty that has been passed to us by our forefathers alive. If we are not diligent,if we continue to trade our liberty for false security. If we do not take back what is rightfully ours. One day our children will ask us. What was so important that you gave away my freedom? That is one question I never want to answer! Do you?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I look at the generations that came before me, even veterans of wars, and I ask this very question. My future was betrayed. My nation destroyed. Must I now take it back by force?

Great legacy to leave for your children. Thanks a lot, dad.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Things aren't really all that dire, at least just yet. Yes it has been chipped away slowly but the rock of Freedom still stands. The statists on the left thought they had pulled a coup d'etat, and had mounted the final assault. But they moved too quickly and the People are rising up. A brave Congressman called Obama a liar right on the floor of Congress during Obama's Imperial Majesty lie-fest. There is a massive rally taking place in the District tomorrow (some of the participants are already here and I am collecting pretty good tips. DemonRatz are cheapskates).

What is happening politically right now reminds me of that scene in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" where ol' Drac is riding hell-for-leather to get back indoors before sunup. The light has already hit Van Jones. Harry Ried? his cape is smoking badly. The paper the "Obamacare" bills are written on is smoldering .

The old corny tricks of calling someone a "racist" because they oppose the "first Black President" are hitting with the thud of a composite quarter. The Ratz more and more have all the credibility of W.C. Fields trying to sell a Yugo to Danica Patrick.

I'm not saying rest easy. That would be a mistake big time. I'm saying we are winning. A hit dog always howls, and those who would reduce us under despotism are howling loudly indeed. And it should be music to our ears.

The Donkey

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
. . . it has been chipped away slowly but the rock of Freedom still stands.. . . Obama's Imperial Majesty lie-fest.. reminds me of that scene in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" where ol' Drac is riding hell-for-leather to get back indoors before sunup. The light has already hit Van Jones. Harry Ried? his cape is smoking badly. The paper the "Obamacare" bills are written on is smoldering .

The old corny tricks of calling someone a "racist" because they oppose the "first Black President" are hitting with the thud of a composite quarter. The Ratz more and more have all the credibility of W.C. Fields trying to sell a Yugo to Danica Patrick. . . .

. . .A hit dog always howls, and those who would reduce us under despotism are howling loudly indeed. And it should be music to our ears.

You, sir, are spilling your pearls before too few elephants and donkeys.

You ought to be published or broadcast.

Perhaps apply for Glen Beck's job. If success is measured by sponsorship (rather than scalps) at the rate he is going, he is bound to be out on the pavement soon.

Tomahawk

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
What is happening politically right now reminds me of that scene in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" where ol' Drac is riding hell-for-leather to get back indoors before sunup. The light has already hit Van Jones. Harry Ried? his cape is smoking badly. The paper the "Obamacare" bills are written on is smoldering .

The old corny tricks of calling someone a "racist" because they oppose the "first Black President" are hitting with the thud of a composite quarter. The Ratz more and more have all the credibility of W.C. Fields trying to sell a Yugo to Danica Patrick.
Um, didn't I just read this over on Lewrockwell.com?

KansasMustang

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
. . . it has been chipped away slowly but the rock of Freedom still stands.. . . Obama's Imperial Majesty lie-fest.. reminds me of that scene in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" where ol' Drac is riding hell-for-leather to get back indoors before sunup. The light has already hit Van Jones. Harry Ried? his cape is smoking badly. The paper the "Obamacare" bills are written on is smoldering .

The old corny tricks of calling someone a "racist" because they oppose the "first Black President" are hitting with the thud of a composite quarter. The Ratz more and more have all the credibility of W.C. Fields trying to sell a Yugo to Danica Patrick. . . .

. . .A hit dog always howls, and those who would reduce us under despotism are howling loudly indeed. And it should be music to our ears.

You, sir, are spilling your pearls before too few elephants and donkeys.

You ought to be published or broadcast.

Perhaps apply for Glen Beck's job. If success is measured by sponsorship (rather than scalps) at the rate he is going, he is bound to be out on the pavement soon.
As per usual Donkey, you're missing the mark. Glenn's not counting coup on the progressives, WE are. The Obama administration is placing self avowed Commies in his administration, wierdos that want to ban hunting, idiots that want to paint all rooftops and blacktop highways white.,,,where did he find all these morons and fools?? Had I been the young Congressman that shouted out it'd been a lot worse,,and LOUDER! He was only stating FACTS!! And then the feigned outrage from the Dem's,,my gawd how phony can they get. They "booed" Dubya right there in congress. I'm so sick of this s#*t I could puke. I just hope the Repubics get there collective act together and grow some nads and start rainin down on the Dems,,and HARD.
Keep your powder dry!

Alexcabbie

imported post

Some guy in a bar told me that "we need to respect the Office of the President"; so I asked him if that meant he wanted Obama to resign.

All Barack Obama is, is a salesman for the goofy ideas of the Left (as well as a rubber stamp to sign off on them). He is doing the same thing as "President" as he did as a "Community Organizer" ie: delivering the votes to his (white) DemonRat Massas. I have no idea why black folks (justifiably proud at having an African-American in the highest office in the land) refuse to see that this is in reality a slap in the face to THEM. Obama goes only so far as Reid and Pelosi will allow him, and no further.

I really dread the day when Obama gets called on to make military decisions, VITAL military decisions in order to defend this Nation. And if that day never comes, then the most enduring image of the Obama Presidency is likely to be that of a looney proffessor, a police sergeant, and the two heads of the Executive Branch drinking beer on the White House lawn.

These people still bear a lot of watching and opposition, and although they have not dared act overtly they are still trying to lay the groundwork for a successful assault on our 2A rights. OUR JOB IMHO is to put some quicksand under those effors while we are able, and keep it up.