• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow/Pullman OC event

bigwookiee

imported post

Would anyone like to hold and OC event in the Moscow/Pullman area. We could get together and do a lunch or something. I would like to meet other OC in the area. I will also be at the Lath county fair republican both. Just look for the guy with the black alienware hat on.

bigwookiee

imported post

They should make a sticky regional post, Like king county for the Seattle area, Spokane, Moscow/Pullman, ect. Make things easier to find.

Vandal

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
why not start a new one...  its easier by far to find it.

Once you know where to find it, it is easy to hunt down. Usually on the first or second page. Having it all on one thread makes simplifies things quite a bit as well. That way we aren't starting a new thread each time we want to meet. I would love for it to be stickied though.

John Wolver

imported post

well imo, a new thread for new events makes it easy to find and see and use. plus it adds posts, which helps us to be found easier in google searches.

bigwookiee

imported post

There is an OC event at San Miguel's in Moscow if anyone would like to attend. It will be Friday, October 2 at 6 pm. We will be in the back on the stage. Looking forward to seeing people their.

San Miguel's Family Mexican Restaurant
208-882-5303
215 N Main St
Moscow, ID 83843

Brown Labs

imported post

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but wanted to chime in and say GREAT JOB on taking the lead in Pullman OC. I'm a Realtor in Pullman, former Marine, and 2nd Amendment supporter. In fact, I'm a constitution supporter if we're talking about the big picture. I hunt locally as well as in Idaho and open carry for the sake of porcupine defense along with any other undesirable critter(s) I want to keep away from my dogs.

In any event, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great information that's been posted with respect the Pullman PD's view on OC. This dispels most of my preconceived notions about carrying issues in a college town.

-Brown Labs (my dogs)

bigwookiee

imported post

Brown Labs wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but wanted to chime in and say GREAT JOB on taking the lead in Pullman OC. I'm a Realtor in Pullman, former Marine, and 2nd Amendment supporter. In fact, I'm a constitution supporter if we're talking about the big picture. I hunt locally as well as in Idaho and open carry for the sake of porcupine defense along with any other undesirable critter(s) I want to keep away from my dogs.

In any event, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great information that's been posted with respect the Pullman PD's view on OC. This dispels most of my preconceived notions about carrying issues in a college town.

-Brown Labs (my dogs)
Welcome to the forms.:monkeyI would enjoy meeting you at one of our dinners.

Congressional candidate Van Ward will be speaking to the Latha county republicans on Oct 30 at their monthly meeting. Their may be other congressional candidates their as well. I don't have the meeting place yet but I know that if it is at Jack in the Box they allow open carry. The other place may be the Sand Piper which is across the street from Rosauers. I don't know their policy on open carry. Its one of the few places I have not open carried in Moscow. Everyone is welcome to attend.

I will still pester his campaign if we would still like to meet him separately.

Feel free to post this on other moscow pullman forms you know of.

Brown Labs

imported post

Thanks Bigwookie. I would love to attend that event once a location is established. I'll check back on here from time to time. I have it tentatively marked on my calendar. If I hear of any events over on the Pullman side, I'll keep you posted. I'm new to this forum, so my contacts are still pretty limited.

On a side note, I'm involved with the local Pullman Ducks Unlimited chapter. We're currently putting together our annual auction event, scheduled for mid-February. We'll be hosting the event at the Gladish Community Center here in Pullman. We'll have several guns and all kinds of really great DU gear. Last years event was really great. The Old Post Office Wine Gallery catered the event with a prime rib dinner; will keep you posted on that as we get further along in the process.

Thanks Again,

-Brown Labs

bigwookiee

imported post

Friday, October 30, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm - Republican Homecoming Reception
/ Meeting at the Sandpiper Restaurant (436 N Main St, Moscow). Candidates for
Congress Rep. Ken Roberts and Vaughn Ward are scheduled to attend and speak.

Friday, October 30 - 8:30 pm - Bonfire in the Kibbie Dome parking lot,
9:15 pm, fireworks in the Kibbie Dome parking lot.

Saturday, October 31, 8:00 am to 10:00 am - Pancake Feed at the Moscow Fire
Station - 603 South Main Street.

Saturday, October 31 - UI Homecoming parade. Decorating near Ted's Burgers
around 9:00 am, parade starts at 10:00 am. Come and ride or walk along with our
Republican truck. Kids and families welcome.

Saturday, October 31 - Republican Tailgating at the Kibbie Dome parking lot -
approximately 11:30 am to 1:50 pm. Free hot dogs and pop.

Saturday, October 31 - 2:00 pm UI Homecoming game vs. Louisiana Tech - Go Vandals!

kimberfella616

imported post

Didn't ever feel I would have a need to make a post till today. I was OCing at Tri-State this evening as I have on numerous occasions. After all, it is a sporting goods store. It was today that I was at the very back of the store at the guncounter I was informed of a no OC policy.

I asked for a manager and it was explained to me that people assumed you are a TERRORIST if you open carry. This is not a joke, exaggeration, or bout at humor. I was equated to a terrorist for OC my firearm.

It is interesting to note that I have OCed dozens upon dozens of times in this store. To this date there are still NO SIGNS AT ANY OF THE THREE ENTRANCES stating there policy on open carry. The manager told me they don't post all their store rules on the door. They have signs about how they are wheelchair friendly store. That backpacks must be left at the front counter. Just none displaying that your right to open carry and defend yourself and loved ones has been suspended by a GUN STORE!

No problem list:

Wal Mart, Moscow Bulding Supply, Office Depot, Palouse Mall, East Side Mall, McDonalds, Maurices, Winger's, Pets are People too, NAPA, Schuck's Oreilly, Rosauer's, Potlatch First Credit Union, WinCo, Safeway, Sears, Sure SHot Sporting Goods, ...

Major OC Problem:

First Step Internet, Tri-State - Idaho's most interesting store (sure is)

KF

Vandal

imported post

That is an, unfortunately, known Tri-State policy at all 3 locations. We have tried to get it changed but they do their own thing. I just stopped spending money there. I can find everything I need elsewhere or go to Coeur d' Alene since I am up there a lot anyway.

It is interesting to hear that the manager called you a "terrorist". That is a new one, last time I OC'd there I was told it was illegal in Idaho to OC... They guys at their gun counter don't know much and tend to ignore the under 30 crowd. I will go to Black Sheep, Cabela's or Center Target before Tri-State.

Vandal

imported post

Well, it has been a while now and we have some new members around here so it's time for another meeting of the local gun nuts club.

I am thinking Friday evening as I am spending Saturday playing airsoft with Spokane Airsoft's Toys for Tots game at Rocky Mountain Pizza in Moscow or Bassilio's in Pullman,

Which location works best for ya'll?