• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nova

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
hooah, something like these? (jesting. They're real though.)

Hooah! bars

hooah_bars.jpg

0_21_070805_hooah.jpg
they even have their own wiki page!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOOAH!_Bar

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Chronology...

YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaa! Rebel Yell

YeeHaw! Redneck Yell

Iiiiiiieeeee! Cajun Yell

HooHaa! Mad Magazine Yell (circa late 1950's) The word "hoohah" was a running gag in the early years of Mad, often exclaimed by characters in the comic book issues written and edited by Harvey Kurtzman. Its somewhat Eastern European feel was a perfect fit for the New York Jewish style of the magazine. Kurtzman liked using Yiddish expressions and nonsense words to humorous effect, and the very first story in the first issue of Mad was even titled "Hoohah!" The word's precise origin is unknown, although it may have sprung from the Hungarian word for "wow".

hoohahhas also become a slang term for female genitalia

Hooah! Phonetic spelling of the military acronym HUA, which stands for "Heard Understood Acknowledged." Originally used by the British in the late 1800's in Afghanistan. More reciently adopted by the United States Army to indicate an affirmative or a pleased response.

I believe the other services have since copied the Army's 'Hooah' response (I heard it once) but dunnohow it went.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Whatever happened to "Yo!""Aye!", "Gung Ho!"'n "Roger that!" ? Oh... none of those would do onna candy bar... now I got it.

"Yeah... I ate this 'Gung Ho' last nite... "SAY WHAT?":what: