Thread: Changing Laws, forcing state to re-word RCW ?

Post imported post

So, it's just something i think about periodically...

- What would it take to get RCW9.41.270 rewritten, reworded, or even removed so as to eliminate any questionable, open ended, or vaguely interpreted language. Would this open pandora's box allowing harsher language ? or would this benefit us ?? Is it worth it to attempt ? If so, how hard would it be?

- End Game, would like to see OC and self protection be a strongly protected right, and ensure LEO self interpretations cease.

Something like: (1) It shall be unlawful for any person to aggressively and intentionally draw, point, or assertivelyhandle any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to victimise an innocent person, or that intentionally and willfully jeopardises the safety of other persons who are innocent in their capacities.

-- Well, something like that .... I am not a lawyer, so, some ideas here, your thoughts etc....

Any other RCW we should look at revising ?

- TY -

Bat.

~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    So, it's just something i think about periodically...

- What would it take to get RCW9.41.270 rewritten, reworded, or even removed so as to eliminate any questionable, open ended, or vaguely interpreted language. Would this open pandora's box allowing harsher language ? or would this benefit us ?? Is it worth it to attempt ? If so, how hard would it be?

- End Game, would like to see OC and self protection be a strongly protected right, and ensure LEO self interpretations cease.

Something like: (1) It shall be unlawful for any person to aggressively and intentionally draw, point, or assertivelyhandle any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to victimise an innocent person, or that intentionally and willfully jeopardises the safety of other persons who are innocent in their capacities.

-- Well, something like that .... I am not a lawyer, so, some ideas here, your thoughts etc....

Any other RCW we should look at revising ?

- TY -

Bat.
    How about:

Unless it is used for self defense, you will be arrested.

Self defense includes defending yourself, family, friends and anyone else from ANY form of serious bodily harm.

Post imported post

unless fully repealed, maybe something less open ended. i kinda feel it needs to be either well defined, or completely removed. (personal thought).
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Great idea. Wording is definitely better than what exists now. As for what it actually takes to do so... no idea... but lots of time, patience, and probably money? Some entity like the NRA might be interested. Sounds like a long shot though (I hate puns.)

Post imported post

So long as the current D leadership is in charge in Olympia this probably won't go anywhere. I spend four years working with my legislator to add a requirement to the law that they mail out renewal notices for CPLs just like they do for driver's licenses. (Note to self, I need to renew mine before December). He told me that because the Ds could not pass the anti-gun bills that they wanted, they would not address pro-gun bills.

Post imported post

Replace it with Oregon's "brandishing" law:

166.190 Pointing firearm at another; courts having jurisdiction over offense. Any person over the age of 12 years who, with or without malice, purposely points or aims any loaded or empty pistol, gun, revolver or other firearm, at or toward any other person within range of the firearm, except in self-defense, shall be fined upon conviction in any sum not less than $10 nor more than $500, or be imprisoned in the county jail not less than 10 days nor more than six months, or both. Justice courts have jurisdiction concurrent with the circuit court of the trial of violations of this section. When any person is charged before a justice court with violation of this section, the court shall, upon motion of the district attorney, at any time before trial, act as a committing magistrate, and if probable cause be established, hold such person to the grand jury. [Formerly 163.320]
    Well, except for the jurisdiction part.