• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cass Sustein Cloture Vote

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Below is a copy of the letter I sent to Senator Hagen. I urge all of you to do the same...

Senator Hagen,

I am appalled by the fact that you have voted "yea" for the cloture of Cass Sunstein. Sunstein is a Progressive, Liberal, Marxist, Wacko, and you just voted to confirm him. So now you also are a Progressive, Liberal, Marxist, Wacko, who does NOT deserve to be a United States Senator.

You voted to confirm a man who believes that ANIMALS should have just as many rights as people … he believes animals should have the right to representation, and the right to sue humans in court??

You are joking right?

You voted to confirm a man who believes the law should impose further regulation on hunting, scientific experiments, entertainment, and above all farming, to ensure against unnecessary animal suffering?? A NC Senator voting for someone who is FOR gun control to regulate hunting???

Do you want to guess how many votes that one will get you from the farmer's in the next election?

You voted to confirm a man who believes that almost all gun control legislation is constitutionally justifiable??

Have you not heard about a thing called the SECOND AMENDMENT of the United States Constitution??

You took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic. You are failing MISERABLY at keeping that oath.

I am not sure if you are out of your mind, a complete idiot, or a political hack who will do anything to destroy this country. Is there no SANITY left in Washington DC anymore?? Is there no HONOR left in Washington DC anymore??

With all that aside, your biggest sin is that you are IGNORING your constituents, the people who you are supposed to represent. You are ignoring them and instead you are listening to the Special Interests in Washington DC. You hold the office of a PUBLIC SERVANT to the people of the State of North Carolina, and you are a fraud!

You want to know why all the people are yelling at the Town Hall meetings?

Because …

" We the People " call you, and you IGNORE us.

" We the People " write you emails, and you IGNORE us.

" We the People " write you letters, and you IGNORE us.

So " We the People " have to YELL just to get your attention, and you STILL IGNORE us.

Well, enough is enough. You can ignore us now, but the time is coming when you will no longer be able to ignore us. We are coming for you! Your time of reckoning is coming soon, and that time will be at the voting booth in 2012.

I will have the distinct pleasure of doing EVERYTHING in MY power to see that you are defeated in 2012. I only pray that you and your fellow Progressive, Liberal, Radical associates do not totally destroy this great country before we are able to get rid of your kind in Washington DC starting in 2010 and finishing the job in 2012.

God help this Country until then.

mekender

imported post

You do realize that a cloture vote is specifically intended to end debate and bring the issue to a vote dont you?

Voting for cloture is no indication as to how you are going to vote for the issue.

Hagan is a party line Dem, she will vote with them almost every time, shouldnt surprise anyone.

Burr voted against confirmation. As did all of the republicans that could even be partially considered to be conservative.

jeepdriver

imported post

Senator's terms are for 6 years. We will have to wait until 2014 to vote this POS out of DC. I have emailed her on many occasions only to have a standard form response that is total BS.She gets a bad rating form GOA. We CAN change the scope of DC during the mid year election in '10. WE need to stay active and keep our ears to the ground so we will know who to vote out.

spy1

imported post

Just thought I'd let you know that I c&p'ed your letter almost verbatim and have FAX'ed it to every contact point for her that I've got. Thank you. Pete