• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Will

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I check out Good Will here in Bellingham usually about once a week. I bought a $400.00 color laser printer for $50.00. Check out sporting goods for the kids and check out the book section, have bought quite a few.

I parked and walked across the parking lot to the front doors and there was a Armour Truck parked in front of the doors. As I passed the passenger gaurd looked alarmed and started talking excitedly to the driver, who had just entered the cab preparing to leave.

I continued into the store, the driver got out and followed me in, so I paused pretending to look at an item on a nearby shelf. He was eyeballing me with an alarmed, possibly angry look on his face, he walked past me and went straight to the managers office. A few minutes later he came out obviously not happy about something gave me a dirty look and left.

I could be wrong and this is just conjecture on my part but I feel he went in to complain and get something done about me, and was told by the manager I was OK. I think this because I have never even got a dirty look from Goodwill employees or customers all the times, I have been in there, and in summer time a gun sort of pops out when you are wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

FMCDH

imported post

I pass by armored cars on a fairly regular basis at several of the grocery stores and shopping centers I visit. I make it a point to make eye contact with the driver and or side guard and give them a calmnod.

I have been watched closely before (cant blame them really) but I have never had YOUR kind of experience.

Kudos to the store manager if he did indeed tell the guy to take a hike. Like someone planning to rob an armored car would carry their weapon out in the open like you were. :quirky

David.Car

imported post

Also have never had a problem with any armored car drivers.

There was one case where I passed them coming out of one store. Then got into my car and drove 6 miles to a grocery store that apparently was their next stop. Walked past the same armed officer again, still no problem.

jbone

imported post

Should report him to the armored company, I would think he's job doesn't involve leaving the truck and money to re-enter the store to complain about a customer, sounds like he harassed you in a sense.

David.Car

imported post

jbone wrote:
Should report him to the armored company, I would think he's job doesn't involve leaving the truck and money to re-enter the store to complain about a customer, sounds like he harassed you in a sense.
Not a bad idea. Considering most those drivers are held on a VERY VERY strict timeline as well.

Used to have one that stopped at my site daily. Always showed up + or - 10 minutes of the same time and never stayed longer then to grab a bag and for one of the crew to use the restroom. He used the restroom at our site every day, and it was actually noted to the company that this was his bathroom stop.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

jbone wrote:
I would report him if I had been harassed in any other way than dirty looks. I also am making a slight leap of faith as to what his actions were. I just didn't see any other reason for his actions.

I have passed other armored cars with no incident and like FMCHD said friendly nods, this is my habit even with thug types, its all about respect.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

loomis did have that guard murdered, and maybe he was alarmed at least he didnt draw on you.

and maybe the manager was telling him his wife stopped by for drinks and well you know the rest

kparker

imported post

Considering most those drivers are held on a VERY VERY strict timeline as well. Used to have one that stopped at my site daily. Always showed up + or - 10 minutes of the same time
I'm a complete amateur here, but that seems quite operationally insecure. Consider if the folks who pulled off the Lakewood Walmart incident had to deal with hanging around an all-morning time window...