• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sunstien Cloture Vote

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Alabama: Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shelby (R-AL), Nay Alaska: Begich (D-AK), Yea Murkowski (R-AK), Nay Arizona: Kyl (R-AZ), Nay McCain (R-AZ), Nay Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Nay Pryor (D-AR), Nay California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea Colorado: Bennet (D-CO), Yea Udall (D-CO), Yea Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea Delaware: Carper (D-DE), Yea Kaufman (D-DE), Yea Florida: Nelson (D-FL), Yea Georgia: Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea Idaho: Crapo (R-ID), Nay Risch (R-ID), Nay Illinois: Burris (D-IL), Yea Durbin (D-IL), Yea Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea Lugar (R-IN), Yea Iowa: Grassley (R-IA), Nay Harkin (D-IA), Yea Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Nay Roberts (R-KS), Nay Kentucky: Bunning (R-KY), Nay McConnell (R-KY), Nay Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea Vitter (R-LA), Nay Maine: Collins (R-ME), Yea Snowe (R-ME), Yea Maryland: Cardin (D-MD), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea Massachusetts: Kerry (D-MA), Yea Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Yea Minnesota: Franken (D-MN), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea Mississippi: Cochran (R-MS), Nay Wicker (R-MS), Nay Missouri: Bond (R-MO), Nay McCaskill (D-MO), Yea Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea Tester (D-MT), Yea Nebraska: Johanns (R-NE), Nay Nelson (D-NE), Yea Nevada: Ensign (R-NV), Nay Reid (D-NV), Yea New Hampshire: Gregg (R-NH), Yea Shaheen (D-NH), Yea New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea Udall (D-NM), Yea New York: Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea North Carolina: Burr (R-NC), Nay Hagan (D-NC), Yea North Dakota: Conrad (D-ND), Yea Dorgan (D-ND), Yea Ohio: Brown (D-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Yea Oklahoma: Coburn (R-OK), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay Oregon: Merkley (D-OR), Yea Wyden (D-OR), Yea Pennsylvania: Casey (D-PA), Yea Specter (D-PA), Yea Rhode Island: Reed (D-RI), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea South Carolina: DeMint (R-SC), Nay Graham (R-SC), Nay South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea Thune (R-SD), Nay Tennessee: Alexander (R-TN), Nay Corker (R-TN), Nay Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay Utah: Bennett (R-UT), Yea Hatch (R-UT), Yea Vermont: Leahy (D-VT), Yea Sanders (I-VT), Yea Virginia: Warner (D-VA), Yea Webb (D-VA), Nay Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea West Virginia: Byrd (D-WV), Yea Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea Wyoming: Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Enzi (R-WY), Nay

Yosemite Sam

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA
imported post

Just remember who voted for him?, because he against our 2nd Amendment rights. He’s against hunting, and wants animals to be able to sue you in a court of law. He’s with PETA. We need to get rid of all the czars!! People do yourself a favor do so research on these czars. Than raise some hell with your senators!!!

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Here's the response I sent:

Below is a copy of the letter I sent to Senator Hagen. I urge all of you to do the same...

Senator Hagen,

I am appalled by the fact that you have voted "yea" for the cloture of Cass Sunstein. Sunstein is a Progressive, Liberal, Marxist, Wacko, and you just voted to confirm him. So now you also are a Progressive, Liberal, Marxist, Wacko, who does NOT deserve to be a United States Senator.

You voted to confirm a man who believes that ANIMALS should have just as many rights as people … he believes animals should have the right to representation, and the right to sue humans in court??

You are joking right?

You voted to confirm a man who believes the law should impose further regulation on hunting, scientific experiments, entertainment, and above all farming, to ensure against unnecessary animal suffering?? A NC Senator voting for someone who is FOR gun control to regulate hunting???

Do you want to guess how many votes that one will get you from the farmer's in the next election?

You voted to confirm a man who believes that almost all gun control legislation is constitutionally justifiable??

Have you not heard about a thing called the SECOND AMENDMENT of the United States Constitution??

You took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic. You are failing MISERABLY at keeping that oath.

I am not sure if you are out of your mind, a complete idiot, or a political hack who will do anything to destroy this country. Is there no SANITY left in Washington DC anymore?? Is there no HONOR left in Washington DC anymore??

With all that aside, your biggest sin is that you are IGNORING your constituents, the people who you are supposed to represent. You are ignoring them and instead you are listening to the Special Interests in Washington DC. You hold the office of a PUBLIC SERVANT to the people of the State of North Carolina, and you are a fraud!

You want to know why all the people are yelling at the Town Hall meetings?

Because …

" We the People " call you, and you IGNORE us.

" We the People " write you emails, and you IGNORE us.

" We the People " write you letters, and you IGNORE us.

So " We the People " have to YELL just to get your attention, and you STILL IGNORE us.

Well, enough is enough. You can ignore us now, but the time is coming when you will no longer be able to ignore us. We are coming for you! Your time of reckoning is coming soon, and that time will be at the voting booth in 2012.

I will have the distinct pleasure of doing EVERYTHING in MY power to see that you are defeated in 2012. I only pray that you and your fellow Progressive, Liberal, Radical associates do not totally destroy this great country before we are able to get rid of your kind in Washington DC starting in 2010 and finishing the job in 2012.

God help this Country until then.

Milbars

imported post

I lost hope for my Michigan long ago. If Kwame and Granholm can get reelected and Levin/Stabenow keep getting reelected, obviously our state just doesn't care. Sad...the news coming out of my beloved state the last few years has been heartbreaking.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Can't say anything bad to my two Senators. They both voted NAY as I knew they would.

Can't say anything GOOD about my two senators. they both votes yes as I knew they wood.

I love Colorado, but really getting fed up with the liberal direction it's taken lately. But I hope it's about to swing the other way.

KansasMustang

imported post

I used to live in Security CO. Can't believe the left turn Colorado's taken, except I pretty much know why. When the silicone valley went T.U. the Cali's moved there. Brought their drugs and drug gangs.
WE THE PEOPLE must find a way to STOP these Czars. All I can say is,,,God help us.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The Senate is taking a vote on these extra-constitutional officers?? :what:

There isn't a provision in the Constitution for their offices in the first place!

Okay, So Sunstien thinks animals have a right to sue, represented by human lawyers? FINE. Somebody ought to sue HIM in the name of a JACKASS for defaming jackasses. How's that sound??

The Donkey

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
I used to live in Security CO. Can't believe the left turn Colorado's taken, except I pretty much know why. When the silicone valley went T.U. the Cali's moved there. Brought their drugs and drug gangs.
WE THE PEOPLE must find a way to STOP these Czars. All I can say is,,,God help us.

Yes, must be all the drug gangs. No doubt they vote for democrats in record numbers in Colorado.

I thought your problem with the Czars was that they aren't confirmed by the senate.

Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The Donkey

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
The Senate is taking a vote on these extra-constitutional officers?? :what:

There isn't a provision in the Constitution for their offices in the first place!

Okay, So Sunstien thinks animals have a right to sue, represented by human lawyers? FINE. Somebody ought to sue HIM in the name of a JACKASS for defaming jackasses. How's that sound??

Almost all of the Officers confirmed by the Senate are not "authorized" by the constitution, but by statute.

Jackasses are noble creatures. Respect the Jackass!:

"When Andrew Jackson ran for president in 1828, his opponents tried to label him a "jackass" for his populist views and his slogan, "Let the people rule." Jackson, however, picked up on their name calling and turned it to his own advantage by using the donkey on his campaign posters. During his presidency, the donkey was used to represent Jackson's stubbornness when he vetoed re-chartering the National Bank.

The first time the donkey was used in a political cartoon to represent the Democratic party, it was again in conjunction with Jackson. Although in 1837 Jackson was retired, he still thought of himself as the Party's leader and was shown trying to get the donkey to go where he wanted it to go. The cartoon was titled "A Modern Baalim and his Ass."

Interestingly enough, the person credited with getting the donkey widely accepted as the Democratic party's symbol probably had no knowledge of the prior associations. Thomas Nast, a famous political cartoonist, came to the United States with his parents in 1840 when he was six. He first used the donkey in an 1870 Harper's Weekly cartoon to represent the "Copperhead Press" kicking a dead lion, symbolizing Lincoln's Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton, who had recently died. Nast intended the donkey to represent an anti-war faction with whom he disagreed, but the symbol caught the public's fancy and the cartoonist continued using it to indicate some Democratic editors and newspapers.

Later, Nast used the donkey to portray what he called "Caesarism" showing the alleged Democratic uneasiness over a possible third term for Ulysses S. Grant. In conjunction with this issue, Nast helped associate the elephant with the Republican party. Although the elephant had been connected with the Republican party in cartoons that appeared in 1860 and 1872, it was Nast's cartoon in 1874 published by Harper's Weekly that made the pachyderm stick as the Republican's symbol. A cartoon titled "The Third Term Panic," showed animals representing various issues running away from a donkey wearing a lion's skin tagged "Caesarism." The elephant labeled "The Republican Vote," was about to run into a pit containing inflation, chaos, repudiation, etc."

(From Democratic Party Website):)

KansasMustang

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:

Yes, must be all the drug gangs. No doubt they vote for democrats in record numbers in Colorado.

I thought your problem with the Czars was that they aren't confirmed by the senate.

Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
A portion of my problem with the Czars is/was that they weren't confirmed by the Senate, that I'll grant you. But it's always with the Democratically controlled Congress, and the administration. Who vetted this nutcase?? Rats can't be gotten out of my house if they can feel pain??Gimme a break.
And, as i STATED the problem with Colorado now, if you'd READ my whole comment instead of taking it out of context, like your progressive brethren on the statist controlled media are so wont to do, I SAID the Californians moved to Colorado and brought their drug gangs with them. And as YOUR buddy said, in a different reference, but I'll use it here "He's a jackass"
Edited for typos only

Chaingun81

imported post

Is Webb (D-VA) the only dem who voted Nay?

Damn, I'm getting some respect for Webb again, I might...might even forgive him forrunning pro-obama ads during last year presidential race...