Thread: came across this nice leather shoulder holster at a army surplus store..

Post imported post

wish i had snapped a pic..

it's a nice light tan leather with dual mag carrier on right side and holster on left.everything's leather except two elastic tension bands.

i've been thinking of getting one so i asked the guy what gun it's for and his reply.."not sure,just bring your gun in a try it out" well i did that and my SW40VE fit like it was made for it.before i buy,i always like to research things and theonly name i saw was on the snaps(name was Lee) which could just be name of the snap company..

i searched and didn't get any hits on that name.the army surplus is asking $65.00

just wondering if a shoulder holster is for me or should i stick with the belt holsters..

to those that carry that way.did you start off carrying on your hip then transition to shoulder and if so,how was the change?

suppose i could always buy it and if i don't like it,just sell it..(and hope i get most of my money back..

BTW-the name of the place is Boys of Company C in Chichester,N.h. guy told me they're a very gun friendly store.. http://www.boysofcompanyc.com

Post imported post

I carried concealed in a shoulder holster for a while, before I knew about OC. Since I have been OC'ing, I have only worn a belt holster. The shoulder holster I had was a cheaper one, and it ended up being uncomfortable. I am looking forward to getting a quality shoulder rig so I can OC/CC with it. I liked having the weight off my hips, and in a lot of situations, it just felt more natural to wear the shoulder rig. As far as reactions from the sheeple, I don't know, I haven't OC'd one. You should try the holster on with your gun in it, and if possible, with 2 mags so you can feel the weight. Wear just a light t-shirt and see if any of the clips or adjustment tabs catch under your arms or anything like that.

I definitely realized that with a shoulder holster, it HAS to be comfortable to wear or it will drive you nuts.

Post imported post

thanks for the reply.i'll have to go back and try it on..