• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tenth Circuit rules against police on OC rights

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Now this is more like it. :) It would seem that the system is working in our favor for once. I would love to see more rulings like this.

Kevin

KBCraig

imported post

This is not a 10th Circuit ruling. It is a ruling by one judge, in one district, within the 10th District.

It's a great ruling, but don't act like it is a binding ruling on the entire 10th District.

rpyne

imported post

It is especially valuable when combined with Lund v Salt Lake City (2008) US District Court Civil No. 2:07-CV-0226BSJ, Memorandum Opinion & Order (Fed. R. Civ. P. 56) which dealt with how police handled a MWAG report.

Having two different District Courts within the same district make similar rulings in less than a year regarding how police deal with gun related calls makes it fairly unlikely that either case would be overturned on appeal to the Circuit Court.

Edit: spelling