Thread: A WalMart WIN!

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

I just got off the phone with the REAL Plover WalMart Manager. He informed me that WalMart has NO POLICY restricting carry. He told me he will be meeting with his employees and providing additional training. He invited me to meet with him later on at the store today.

I will update the thread only if things change, but for now this is a BIG WIN!

I will also continue to try to reach the regional manager so we can put an end to the WalMart calls LEO stuff once and for all.

Carry On.

Post imported post

Nice Keep us posted

Post imported post

This is great news. My wife is still mad at me about not shopping at the place. The one by my house has told me that they WILL call the cops to have me removed, if I show up (WalMart on Brown Deer Rd. in Milwaukee)...

Ley us know if you ever get any letters. I like to carry them on me...

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

I just got off the phone with the REAL Plover WalMart Manager. He informed me that WalMart has NO POLICY restricting carry. He told me he will be meeting with his employees and providing additional training. He invited me to meet with him later on at the store today.

I will update the thread only if things change, but for now this is a BIG WIN!

I will also continue to try to reach the regional manager so we can put an end to the WalMart calls LEO stuff once and for all.

Carry On.
    I'm glad we found you bnh!

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    +1

Post imported post

Sgt_Habz wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    +1
    I'll see your +1 and raise you +1!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

I holster up and walk into the store at 5:25 PM. I go directly to customer service and ask to speak with the Mr. XXX the manager. The lady asks my name, and then announces to him on the radio that I am waiting in the customer service area.

I wait about five (5) minutes and he arrives. We walk around in the register area and talk for about 1/2 hour. He again assures me that he has trained his associates and they will NOT call the police in the future. At one point he even says, "based on your looks, I would have guessed you were a sheriff's department detective. So now people are starting to think I'm a LEO, I thought Para was the only guy with that problem.

Then we talked about what type of firearm I carry, and as he's from out of state (only been in WI for two(2) years) I educated him on the five(5) places we cannot carry.

We shook hands, and he went on to his next meeting, as did I.

Post imported post

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Nice going bnh!!

Stay safe,

Banned

Post imported post

Now if we can only get corporate to educate all of their managers. Until then the problem still exists.

The little town of Plover is just a small spec in the universe of "Chinamart."

Post imported post

YEP, but we win the war one battle at a time. I plan on contacting the Regional Manager again on Monday to let him know that the Plover issue has been resolved, andthat we need a similar resolution in Chilton, Milwaukee, Mukwonago, Hartford, and the rest of the stores in his region.

Yes, WalMart is a giant, but even a giant can be irritated by a grain of sand.

Banned

Post imported post

I continuously open carry in the Chilton Chinamart and I did so even before Jesus' arrest.

IMHO, Jesus was profiled in that incident because of his ethnic back ground and his appearance. The fact that he had a fire arm just gave way to the blatant discrimination that still happens today.

The Chilton Chinamart can come off of your list, However, the people of Chilton obviously still need an education on Civil Rights.

It is my intention to hold a large picnic event here in Chilton either this year or next year.

There is a great city park at one of the busiest intersections in town, which is located at the intersection of 2 highways. OC in the park is legal and I have that in writing from the City Attorney. I am also going to try to obtain permission to use the park bathrooms and the shelter. I think this may be doable if I speak with the Police Chief.

Money is tight, so donations of food, accessories and assistance would be greatly appreciated and of course the general public will be invited.

Guest speakers would be a great idea, the petition could be promoted and Donations would be accepted for a legal fund.

This is one of the Cities that Jesus was arrested in and I think it would be a great display of support that would be noticed through out the state.

I thought about this idea earlier this year, but I noticed that there are no many members that actually show up for these events.

Then Nutzcak had a great idea of a much larger event. Believe me when I say, this guy knows how to feed people! So a great amount of credit for this Idea goes to him.

Don't get me wrong, 200 to 400 people is great. But think about how 1200 people would look in the minds of the general public.

An Event of this magnitude would show the strength of "OpenCarry.org/Wisconsin"

Do we need to vote on this?

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Do we need to vote on this?
    All in favor?

I!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Second.

Banned

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/31380.html

It would appear that there are others who are not in favor of this idea.

I am not going to devote time and effort to something that members and supporters are not going to show up too or get behind the cause.

We can just wait and see what the new Governor will bring to light, who ever that may be.