Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Examiner.com: Open carry 101

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    Please DIGG & REDDIT:

    http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...Open-carry-101

    SNIP

    examiner.com In response to the sharp uptick in popular and media interest in the open carry movement since Federal Judge Bruce D. Black ruled earlier this week that the police are automatically liable for damages if they detain people for merely open carrying guns, OpenCarry.org's John Pierce has been working overtime to update that online community's maps ...

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Dugg great news. Being in a different circuit how would this affect Washington State?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Dugg great news. Being in a different circuit how would this affect Washington State?
    You mean the Utah federal judge's ruling? Just persuasive authority but as that ruling cited binding authority by the US S. Ct. on interpretation of the 4th amendment- seems to me that this ruling is not surprizing news, just good news.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    I might copy this article and decision, it could help me in my search for a lawyer, in my case.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    I very much liked how you articulated the difference between OC as a Right, and CC as a Privilege. Good call.

    I did note a few things that could use some proof-reading tho. ;-)
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.



  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

    Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    N6ATF wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

    Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.
    uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    N6ATF wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

    Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.
    uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?
    :quirky

  10. #10
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Edit - Wrong Thread



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •