Thread: Examiner.com: Open carry 101

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Please DIGG & REDDIT:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...Open-carry-101

SNIP

examiner.com In response to the sharp uptick in popular and media interest in the open carry movement since Federal Judge Bruce D. Black ruled earlier this week that the police are automatically liable for damages if they detain people for merely open carrying guns, OpenCarry.org's John Pierce has been working overtime to update that online community's maps ...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Dugg great news. Being in a different circuit how would this affect Washington State?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Dugg great news. Being in a different circuit how would this affect Washington State?
    You mean the Utah federal judge's ruling? Just persuasive authority but as that ruling cited binding authority by the US S. Ct. on interpretation of the 4th amendment- seems to me that this ruling is not surprizing news, just good news.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I might copy this article and decision, it could help me in my search for a lawyer, in my case.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I very much liked how you articulated the difference between OC as a Right, and CC as a Privilege. Good call.

I did note a few things that could use some proof-reading tho. ;-)
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

N6ATF wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.
    uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    N6ATF wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?
    :quirky

Post imported post

Edit - Wrong Thread