• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: Open carry 101

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please DIGG & REDDIT:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d10-Open-carry-101

SNIP

examiner.com In response to the sharp uptick in popular and media interest in the open carry movement since Federal Judge Bruce D. Black ruled earlier this week that the police are automatically liable for damages if they detain people for merely open carrying guns, OpenCarry.org's John Pierce has been working overtime to update that online community's maps ...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Dugg great news. Being in a different circuit how would this affect Washington State?
You mean the Utah federal judge's ruling? Just persuasive authority but as that ruling cited binding authority by the US S. Ct. on interpretation of the 4th amendment- seems to me that this ruling is not surprizing news, just good news.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I very much liked how you articulated the difference between OC as a Right, and CC as a Privilege. Good call.

I did note a few things that could use some proof-reading tho. ;-)

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

:D
Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
I can just see it now. The entire staff at Brady Bunch HQ, in the floor screeming a kicking, having one hell of a tantrum.

Hopefully they remember to take their anti-depression meds and wear their helmets, lest the suicide rate amongst victim disarming traitors and accomplices to murder, rape, and all other crime, skyrockets.
uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

uh...Dude..... let's hope they forget the meds and the helmets. I don't think we'd miss, do you?
:quirky