• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fobus Paddle for OpenCarry

Hendu024

imported post

The Fobus paddle is the first holster I used to OC. It worked for a while, but then I started getting a little paranoid that someone could just rip my gun out of the holster, because it only had passive retention. I switched to a Serpa, and I like it so far. it seems to sit a little closer to my body than the Fobus did.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I carry my Ruger P94 in a fobus paddle. No issues. I was concerned about the retention as well, so I trained my brother on how to draw from the holster while wearing it, and then had him attempt to remove the weapon from my holster while I was wearing it. It was just about impossible, since he couldn't pull it in the right direction to overcome the retention.

On the other hand, my wife has a fobus paddle for her Charter .38 snubby, and it doesn't provide the same retention. I can come up behind her and draw the weapon, so we are looking for a better one for her. She rarely OC's as it is, and isn't really in any rush to. (lol)

Regards,

Pol

firegoddess

imported post

I have a Sig 9mm which I oc & ccw & I first bought an Uncle Mikes paddle holster for him but it was very uncomfortable to me so I ordered a Fobus Roto paddle holster.I LOVE it!!!!! I am a small female (5'1" 103lbs) & the Fobus holster fits me perfectly & contures to my right him & curves wonderfully.I am about to buy another one for my 1911 A1.If they would make one for my Beretta Bobcat I would be happier than a clam.Then all 3 of mine would have nice homes to go around town in.I use the holster for oc'ing & ccw'ing but mostly oc'ing.I don't think u can go wrong w/the Fobus holster.

Firegoddess

redlegagent

imported post

I have several Fobus paddle holsters. I don't walk around in fear of someone snatching my gun like in the videos because I carry concealed and very few people would attempt such an act IMHO. If they want your gun that bad, they'll just club you over the back of the head and take it - no passive retention there. :p

Xader

imported post

The only Fobus product I own is a paddle mag carrier.

My OC holster is a Safariland 6378 ALS. Never used a Fobus holster

mortonrml

imported post

Just a heads up

That was the older holsters of this type.. the new ones are reinforced with metal that prevents that from happening.. Anywho thanks for the "takes" so far on this topic.

Juggernaut

imported post

I use one for my Bersa 380. It's my first paddle holster andisgood for the price.I wouldlike to have a serpa, but they aren't made for the bersa. Maybe an excuse for meto get a new gun.

rmansu2

imported post

I carry my P95(w/rail) in a Fobus paddle holster. I like it. Plenty of passive retention. I can run with it on my side and not have to worry about it hopping out. It does require lots of practice to draw efficiently. At the time I bought it, it was the only non-nylon or leather holster I could find. I have recently found that Serpa is making one. I think I am going to buy it to see if I like the retention of it better. I will never get rid of my Fobus though. Also carry the Fobus double mag paddle

David.Car

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you try this with a Serpa CQC. I have literally hung myself off the ground by that holster.

Have watched videos of a man allowing 5 other men each have a turn trying to wrench and pull the Serpa off him. Twisting and pulling every which way, literally picking him up off the ground trying to. No go.

rmansu2

imported post

I guess it's true whatthey say, "once it's on the internet, you can't get rid of it."

I wonder ifthey were wrong about, "if it's on the internet it must be true."

In response to this again, that was the old style paddle that has been since re-engineered and reinforced with metal.

Even if you could manage to break the holster off of the paddle, the amount of strength need to pull my firearm from the holster when I'm not wearing it is extraordinary. If a typical, unknowledgeable person were to try to remove the firearm after breaking it off the paddle, I think they would find that I have already gone on the offensive with a back-up knife that I carry for everyday use.

chewy352

imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
I guess it's true whatthey say, "once it's on the internet, you can't get rid of it."

In response to this again, that was the old style paddle that has been since re-engineered and reinforced with metal.

Even if you could manage to break the holster off of the paddle, the amount of strength need to pull my firearm from the holster when I'm not wearing it is extraordinary. If a typical, unknowledgeable person were to try to remove the firearm after breaking it off the paddle, I think they would find that I have already gone on the offensive with a back-up knife that I carry for everyday use.
+1 I have the new style. Very happy with it.

chewy352

imported post

rmansu2 wrote:

+1 I have the new style. Very happy with it.

jay75009

imported post

i had one, but was very paranoid about retention and having my weapon taken, its my only fear while OC'ing is that ill get shot with my own weapon, now i use a Strong leather pancake , with a locking rotation thumbreak........most ppl dont even know what the rotator is so they dont know how to undo it :-D