• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i'm getting a real gun!!

joe_robi

imported post

hey guys i'm getting a real carry gun its only a 9mm buts thats better than a 22lr.
im getting a taurus 24/7 pro with a fobus paddle holster and a box of rounds, and im getting all for tradeing my darton maverick compound bow its a nice one all hooked up and stuff so. you guys think its a good trade?
either way i got a carry gun, i got a carry gun, woooo hoooo:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

edit: got it today!!
Picture.jpg

G

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Well, I've never heard of anyone defending themselves with a bow...
Did I hear banjo music?

ETA: Load that thing with some PMC starfires and you're GTG!

G

GP-P11

imported post

congrats on your first "real" piece! It is certainly a happy moment :)

Bronson

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
ETA: Load that thing with some PMC starfires and you're GTG!

I believe PMC quit making the Starfire rounds (in pistol calibers at least) and it's getting harder to find. I've got some stashed in a couple of different calibers but due to the reported tendency of the Starfires toplug up when shot through heavy clothing Ihave since switched to Corbon DPX for most of my carry guns.

My internet research and own testing of the DPX has shown me that it isn't nearly as susceptible to plugging up with material it passes through and not expanding. It alsoseems to haveone of the most consistent performances in regards to what the manufacturer says it will do and what it actually does when independantly tested. I feel it is well worth the price.

Bronson

joe_robi

imported post

well it comes with some american eagle fmj's so thats probably what i'll use til i can afford some baddy's i wouldn't mind loading it up with black talons!!

wally1120

imported post

Congrats on the new banger. I have a older modle Millennium in the 9mm and love the little thing. I have 2 bigger ones but the 9mm is just as fun if not more then the 45 or 357. And there is nothing wrong with a .22 my dad has 2 45`s a 38 and just bought a 22 ruger handgun,He loves the little thing.