• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canton's October Chili picnic?

THway

imported post

WHERE: Heritage Park

WHEN: Saturday October 17th 2009

TIME: Noon till the cows come home

LOCATION: West of Canton Center Road, South of Cherry Hill Road

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.298611,-83.489667&spn=0.005325,0.013733&t=h&z=17

Park Amenities:

Acreage: 105.7 Pavilions: 5 Splash Playground: 1 Playgrounds: 3 Athletic Fields: 8 Softball/Baseball Fields: 3 Sand Volleyball Courts: 1 Football Practice Field: 2 Gazebo: 1 Walking/Biking Paths: Yes Grills: 5 Amphitheater: 1 Fishing Pier: 1

OK... so i have heard that there is some mass confusion about this shindig. This is not some crazy event held by a chili organization... This is a mere copy of the chili picnic we had last october on Belle Isle, in detroit. There are several things we can do... everyone can pitch in a couple of bucks to reimburse our friendly neighborhood chef dougwg for the supplies for 6 gallons of chili.... OR we could all make small pots of chili to pass... After discussing this today with dougwg, we belive it will be hard to keep several pots of chili warm/hot. So... i would love some input guys... group majority wins.... PM me your views on this new idea

EDIT: for map link and other cool stuff

Radioman

imported post

My co-workers are not gonna like me on Monday morning if I attend this. But what the heck I'll see what I can scrounge up for a recipe (dads doesnt go by anything written down but its great).

put me as a maybe and I'll see what work is like when the date gets closer.

Radioman

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Iput the Chili Picnic in the Events Thread and added a link for Famous Chili Recipes. I didn't review the recipe site but thought it might be of some help for those who plan to make some.

CoonDog

imported post

Put me down for 1 + Chili. The missus and children are merely "possible" at this point.

I can also bring some bowls and spoons.

Can we doing awards?

- Traditional Recipe

- Peoples' Choice Award (Any Style)

- Hottest Chili

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

haha,
sarah-palin-wants-money-not-politics.jpg
You Betcha!

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

yeah we could I guess... anybody got a table or something we can use? perhaps a portable burner?

or a banner?

...my dad makes a good chili too maybe I'll see if he wants to come. Maybe I can get him to OC his .44 Ruger Vaquero... he's got a cowboy gunbelt and everything, that would be amazing...

CoonDog

imported post

I've got a 6 ft table I can bring. Does anyone know if there is electricity available? If so, I've got 150 ft of extension chord. If not, I've got one coleman stove and may be able to borrow a second.

Jblack44

imported post

I'll put this one on the calander! Chances are I'll be coming from the woods chasing whitetails. Wonder if I should OC my longbow???:DI will try my best to make it.