• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canton's October Chili picnic?

THway

imported post

dougwg wrote:
You should have informed her that there would be a group of people there that day and request that the PUBLIC RESTROOM be open to the PUBLIC!
DONE AND DONE.... I asked her many questions and that was one of them.... i asked her if the "public restrooms" would be open.... and that i am planning on hosting a picnic on october 17th and about 20 to 40 people could be in attendance from around the state... she said that the "public restrooms" are closed and winterized at different times due to cold weather... which is why i asked.....

**edit for their return call to me**

I asked the nice lady in the original phone call if portable grills and gas powered cooking devices where acceptable and i received a phone call back from canton leisure services, and they said that gas grills are not allowed? I am not sure why... but i called and left a message for the director of leisure services to call me back....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

THway wrote:
dougwg wrote:
You should have informed her that there would be a group of people there that day and request that the PUBLIC RESTROOM be open to the PUBLIC!
DONE AND DONE.... I asked her many questions and that was one of them.... i asked her if the "public restrooms" would be open.... and that i am planning on hosting a picnic on october 17th and about 20 to 40 people could be in attendance from around the state... she said that the "public restrooms" are closed and winterized at different times due to cold weather... which is why i asked.....

**edit for their return call to me**

I asked the nice lady in the original phone call if portable grills and gas powered cooking devices where acceptable and i received a phone call back from canton leisure services, and they said that gas grills are not allowed? I am not sure why... but i called and left a message for the director of leisure services to call me back....
Be sure to ask what kind of gas grills are not allowed. TC parks won't allow large gas pig roasters without getting liability insurance. Small gas grills are ok there. She may be thinking of a large grill.

THway

imported post

smallthunder wrote:
Me be there with me woman lady. What should I bring?
CONTRIBUTED ITEMS

Gas Grill -
Charcoal Grill -

Camp Stove - Mr & MrsRuger45
Hamburgers/Buns -
Brats/Buns-
Hotdogs/Buns - LFB
Cornbread - Mr & MrsRuger45

Diced Onion - THway
Condiments -
Paper Plates -

Napkins/Towels -
Plastic Utensils -
Pop -
Water -
LFB
Crackers - Mr & MrsRuger45
Coolers -
LFB
Ice - LFB
Camera - Mr & MrsRuger45
Video Recorder -
Tables-CoonDog

That is the list so far... i do not have a sams club card.... but i will be going this week when my friend goes.... so i will have paper bowls and some spoons....

T Vance

imported post

I'm not going to be able to make it. I have a BIG project due next Monday, and I highly doubt I will be able to get it done before the picnic. Sorry.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

seems like that list needs updating...
LFB wrote:
Sorry guys I can't make it out to the chili canton cherry popping picnic. Gotta teach a hunter safety class that day.

LFB

also, my sister has a sams club card I think... i'll make sure... but if you need that available let me know

THway

imported post

This is a test of the emergency alert system.... TOMORROW IS THE CANTON PICNIC!!! Had this been an actual emergency, further directions would have followed. That is all.

THway

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
I will be there, baring I have to track a new Wastenaw county record buck!

What is the status of whats needed??

CONTRIBUTED ITEMS

Gas Grill -
Charcoal Grill -
Camp Stove - Mr & MrsRuger45
Hamburgers/Buns -
Brats/Buns-
Hotdogs/Buns - LFB
Cornbread - Mr & MrsRuger45
Diced Onion - THway
Condiments -
Paper Plates -

Napkins/Towels -
Plastic Utensils -
Pop -
Water -
LFB
Crackers - Mr & MrsRuger45
Coolers -
LFB
Ice - LFB
Camera - Mr & MrsRuger45
Video Recorder -
Tables-CoonDog

Well.... since LFB is no longer coming... i have no need to bring diced onion. so if you want bring pop and water and ice and i will supply the cooler... and some bowls....

CoonDog

imported post

In the interest of time, I cooked my chili tonight, 8 quarts worth. Flavor-wise, it's a good batch, but...it's a little hotter than usual (thanks to Mr. Ruger for the extra peppers!). Don't worry, it shouldn't "chill" out too much overnight.

:celebrate

It doesn't sound like we'll need them, but I'll still being a couple of tables and a Coleman stove just, in case.