Thread: Wisconsin Open Carry Pamphlet - V1.2 - 09/10/2009

Post imported post

I've been hacking & whacking for sizeand content off of his original mock up.

Credit goes to Woodchuck, he started it . I just cleaned it up a tad and added a little more of a Wisconsin slant to it. (Current events under our state flag & a pic of the Original Highway Crew)

I'llkeep itcurrent as changes warrant, with date & version in one of the corners. So to make sure you have the latest, you can check version number & date from time to time.

I may still tweak some things, but like 'Chuck', I thought it would niceto share and get it out there.

Stay safe,

Post imported post

Thank you very much for providing this incredible useful tool. I plan on printing this out and leaving them around town, and possibly passing them out as I go about my business.

One thing I noticed while proof reading. On the first page, in the middle outlined in asterisks, is a footnote explaining that this pamphlet is not all encompassing and readers should familiarize themselves with law. "It is based solely on the limited understand of Wisconsin Statutes."

I think you meant to say "understanding?" If you could please re-edit and repost the pamphlet for downloading again, I'd be very grateful. Thanks again!

Post imported post

Added "ing", thank you for catching that.

Stay safe,

Post imported post

I took some of it from the boys in Cali, mixed with Huberts original and the one Logan and I made up.

I like the things you added to the front but I think writing is getting to small and it drives people nuts. I'd leave the pic out but feel free to use as you wish

So much info we want to put into 1 pamphlet.

Here's the WORD file of the 1 I posted so you all can tweek as you wish also.

EDIT Updated ING has been added, Thanks for the catch.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Nitpicky; I know, but:
    All Wisconsin firearm laws noted here are provided only for your convenience. You are responsible to know and understand the laws before you carry a firearm. This pamphlet is not legal advice. It is based solely on the author’s limited understand[ing] of Wisconsin Statutes. The author is not a lawyer. Please review the Statutes fully for yourself and consult a legal professional about any questions on the legality of open carry.

The author assumes no responsibility or liability for actions taken by any other than the author himself.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Fixed

Post imported post

Here's a copy of the new pamphlet I'll probably be carrying. It's partly from one me and Woodchuck put together a couple months or so ago, and then some of the one he just e-mailed me a few days ago. I just like to have mine looking a little more cleaner. The margins on this one are also set up perfect for my printer, so once it's printed and folded it looks perfect.

Feel free to use this one if you'd like, or the one posted above as it has more information on it. If you want a word format one, I can post that, but posting the PDF right now.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

I like what you did with the pamphlet. I did notice something in the pamphlet that is incorrect.
    29.089 says No firearms in state parks and state fish hatcheries unless unloaded and encased.
    Here is the Wisconsin DNR website that lists which state parks and trails allow hunting.
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...lands/hunt.htm

It also lists the state parks and trails that donot allow hunting.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Grizz272 wrote:
    I like what you did with the pamphlet. I did notice something in the pamphlet that is incorrect.
    29.089 says No firearms in state parks and state fish hatcheries unless unloaded and encased.
    Here is the Wisconsin DNR website that lists which state parks and trails allow hunting.
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...lands/hunt.htm

It also lists the state parks and trails that donot allow hunting.
    It also states that the firearm must be unloaded and encased unless you have the proper hunting licenses. There are "permision" exceptions to all the places we cannot carry but then the pamphlet would weigh 15lbs if we started including all that.

Banned

Post imported post

Maybe we could sell copies in Hard Cover!