• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC to Provo meet the candidates

rpyne

imported post

I OCed at a meet the candidates event tonight at Farrer Elementary School in Provo.

Not long after I arrived, I saw a Provo PD officer arrive and stand around in the back, spending most of his time talking on his cell phone. It might have been just me, but it seemed like he was keeping an eye on me as I mingled among the others there and talked to some of the candidates, but he never made contact. In fact, at one point when he was standing by the water fountain he moved away as I approached the fountain to get a drink.

He stayed there for the full two hours of the event as well as at least 1/2 hour of the mingling afterward.

chillidogs

imported post

yeah, you guys are parinoid.

even a cop has the right to be informed about elections and such.

He did not make contact...what is your issue?

slowly begins the chant.....im a p.....

ichigo

imported post

This sounds pretty routine and uneventful. The situation could have read." My wife went to the meet the candidates and is large with child". A single lady kept looking at her. She walked by her at the drinking fountain and there were no words exchanged. I'm sure glad she didn't ask her if she was pregnant.

I'm encouraged you are willing to OC at political events though.

-banki-

rpyne

imported post

ichigo wrote:
I'm encouraged you are willing to OC at political events though.
I can't think of many better places to OC.

I've been OCing for nearly 20 years and never really considered any place that was legal to carry as off limits.