Thread: Check out this thread from Wisconsin OC

Post imported post

Check out what's going on in Racine, WI. Cops nab a fellow OC member off of his porch and arrest him for obstruction when he wouldn't answer their questions as to his identity. Crazy.

For the rest of the story:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/31258.html

Post imported post

They were definitely reaching... I see a lawsuit...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

From a news story linked in that thread:

Police think the entire situation could have been a set up. "It kind of makes us wonder if this gentleman was trying to set us up as a police agency and see how we were going to react to the open carry situation," Sgt. Bernie Kupper with the Racine Police Department said.

So what if it was. Cops won't be "set up" if they follow the law.

Post imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
    (snip)Cops nab a fellow OC member off of his porch and arrest him (snip)
    Off his porch... this is the part that bothers me most. Afaik, although Wisc. does not have any provision for lawful cc, there is a court case allowing cc on one's own property... why would OC be a problem? I could see the headline now: "Thousands of Hunters Arrested For Open Carry on Opening Day of Deer Season". Sad... very sad.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

i hope he finds a great lawyer to not only get the current charge dropped, but to also file and win a large civil suit.

case law seems to be completly on his side.

we need a few high profile high dollar civil suits in this countryto help get the attention of the officers who want to violate our rights.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.