• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Check out this thread from Wisconsin OC

Greggy_D

imported post

From a news story linked in that thread:

Police think the entire situation could have been a set up. "It kind of makes us wonder if this gentleman was trying to set us up as a police agency and see how we were going to react to the open carry situation," Sgt. Bernie Kupper with the Racine Police Department said.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So what if it was. Cops won't be "set up" if they follow the law.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
(snip)Cops nab a fellow OC member off of his porch and arrest him (snip)

Off his porch... this is the part that bothers me most. Afaik, although Wisc. does not have any provision for lawful cc, there is a court case allowing cc on one's own property... why would OC be a problem? I could see the headline now: "Thousands of Hunters Arrested For Open Carry on Opening Day of Deer Season". Sad... very sad. :cry:

lapeer20m

imported post

i hope he finds a great lawyer to not only get the current charge dropped, but to also file and win a large civil suit.

case law seems to be completly on his side.

we need a few high profile high dollar civil suits in this countryto help get the attention of the officers who want to violate our rights.