• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adventures in Fenton MI

packinheatmiinoh

imported post

Today I had a lot of running around to do, I am technically on vacation so I have been OC'ing all week, I will admit before I start that I rarely carry my recorder, I OC often and have had very few problems usually someone says "you got a permit for that?' comments that I use to educate them, Today was different. I had been working on my wifes truck giving it some much needed TLC, I took the truck to Belle Tire in Fenton for an alignment and My 14 year old is home sick with me, So we left the truck and walked across Owen Rd to Panera bread (where I have Oc'd before) we ordered our lunch, got our cups and went and filled them, we sat down and when my name was called I stood up and there were 5 Sheriffs standing at the counter, at first glance I was overwhelmed, But I decided I was to far in to turn back, I went to the counter said excuse me a couple of times, and got our food, not even a comment, I heard a discussion amongst them and one of the guys says I am gonna make a call, and went outside. I ate my lunch waiting, I asked my 14 year old if my phone had a recorder and he turned it on, he asked several time "what are you recording?" I told him just wait. all 5 of the officers sat at a table close to ours, 3 of them facing me and 2 with their backs to me. I did not start any conversations but they all watched me, After we finished lunch I said loudly to my son, "lets go to Wal Mart"and we left and walked to Wal Mart, I explained to my son that if there were a bunch of officers that started approaching me to just get out of the way and take as many pictures as he could. All this preparation and no one came for me. I am disappointed.
Anyway I went to Burton Auto Parts on Saginaw st, Finishmasters on Fenton Rd, Auto Body Complete on Richfield at Western, Rockys Great Outdoors on Saginaw St. all without incident, I did not even get 1 person all day ask about my pistol, Maybe I should wear a shirt that says I have a gun and informational pamphlets for free, maybe someone would ask then.

Oh By the way I was riding my motorcycle all day, stopped at a couple of lights right next to the local LEO, I am riding a gold wing with straight pipes, They don't even need to think of a reason to pull me over, Yes I know a gold wing is supposed to be quiet, I have heard it, I like mine LOUD.

Anyway another uneventful day in the life of an OCer

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

Good job. I OC around Fenton all the time. I have had no meaningful interaction with anyone on the topic other than one or two "You a cop?"s.

rj3663

imported post

packinheatmiinoh wrote:
Oh By the way I was riding my motorcycle all day, stopped at a couple of lights right next to the local LEO, I am riding a gold wing with straight pipes, They don't even need to think of a reason to pull me over, Yes I know a gold wing is supposed to be quiet, I have heard it, I like mine LOUD.

Anyway another uneventful day in the life of an OCer
Good for you . All bikes should be loud and all citizens should be armed. Both of those facts save lives. Our club, In God We Trust M/C is hosting a wild game dinner on nov 21st. We are in downtown Fowlerville and we are OC friendly. Try to make it.