• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Info Event Sacramento

AyatollahGondola

imported post

I am going to hold an advertising/informational event here in Sacramento about open carry. My plan is to use this mobile billboard as the platform to advertise and display some materials in the neighborhood. I also plan to OC during the event. I don't actually know how well this is going to go over, because this area is pretty rough, but it's the old neighborhood to me, and my parents still live here. I might also mention that I am not well liked by some of the new "inhabitiants and dwellers" here, but I'm hoping that by at least trying to educate what's left of the longer term residents, it might give them some incentive to protect themselves, and perhaps gain more new proponents of OC.

Here's the billboard:

SigntrailerAgentRosas004.jpg

I'll be changing the words of course, but whether to include the OC.org link or not?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
I am going to hold an advertising/informational event here in Sacramento about open carry. My plan is to use this mobile billboard as the platform to advertise and display some materials in the neighborhood. I also plan to OC during the event. I don't actually know how well this is going to go over, because this area is pretty rough, but it's the old neighborhood to me, and my parents still live here. I might also mention that I am not well liked by some of the new "inhabitiants and dwellers" here, but I'm hoping that by at least trying to educate what's left of the longer term residents, it might give them some incentive to protect themselves, and perhaps gain more new proponents of OC.

Here's the billboard:

SigntrailerAgentRosas004.jpg

I'll be changing the words of course, but whether to include the OC.org link or not?

Too soon. I think I would be on board to join you when a favorable ruling on Nordyke has come about, -- perhaps even Sykes. Im not too sure about the locality either (I've seen your old neighborhood...)

I do think this could be used to attract media attention to the rulings if the sign is used in conjunction with a volunteer community effort. This is something that would require more thought and require particular creedence to timing.

The sign could say, "Thanks to the Ninth Circuit, our volunteers are safertoday." Along with smaller signs warning.. "Caution; Armed community trash pick up ahead." I have it in mind for future local events here as well.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
AyatollahGondola wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
This is something that would require more thought and require particular creedence to timing.
I'm not going to live forever you know.....
What? You have some terminal disease that I'm not aware of?
Yes, it's called life. check my birthdate.....tick-tock...tick-tock...tick-tock

AyatollahGondola

imported post

OK, so I'm guessing there's no interest in putting OC.org's name on it then.

I'm a bit surprised about the lack of input from others, and that the topic mainly directed at educating people is not generating any enthusiasm.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Im sure you are aware of this, due to your experience with other grassroots efforts, but there is no established leadership or organizationyet. The forum here is nothing more than a breakroom where small cells and individuals share their experiences.

The main thrust of the activism here is to demonstrate that carrying a handgun doesnt always result in the police being called and that gunowners dont always fit into the stereotypes that the media seems to perpetuate.

While standing with a 8'X16' rolling billboard addressing the 800# gorilla of illegal immigration is something that is a no-brainer, the idea of advertizing something that activists have been trying to demonstrate as a low-key, 'normal' activity is a little foreign yet.

I can imagine the sign parked near a BBQ announcing where the food and free information is or as I pointed out in the earlier post, announcing some community effort oropen carry event outside the Capitol grounds. Perhaps even used in a parade or march - as with the Pink Pistols at a gay pride parade.

The time for this to be used is coming- just not quite yet. Maybe we should look into cooperating with Calguns when Sykes and Nordyke are ruled on...parked near the courthouse with a pro-2A message...

AyatollahGondola

imported post

It could end up very low key, as in unlawful, if more people do not get involved soon. the legislative gorilla is a building barriers faster than the citizenry are addressing them. So we're trusting the courts as our salvation?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The reason I wrote off this as a possible event is how you initially described it. Rough neighborhood with known people who don't exactly like you. That kind of sounds like asking for trouble, something I'm not too keen on.

Edit: "too" not "to"

AyatollahGondola

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
The reason I wrote off this as a possible event is how you initially described it. Rough neighborhood with known people who don't exactly like you. That kind of sounds like asking for trouble, something I'm not to keen on.
It don't have to be there. I'd like to go there because it's home court, but I'm not stuck on the location

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Something that would interest me is going to some event where there is a lot of people and having an informational table there. The problem, I think, is finding a venue where we would generate a positive response and a lot of interest. Maybe that isn't a problem and I'm second guessing myself, but I can't really picture setting up a booth at a music festival or an art and wine festival and getting great responses.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

It's easy to find events going on; Just look at your local small newspapers and municipal websites. Just the other day the sheriff had a public event in a suburb of Sac that hosts a lot of citizens of the right caliber to solicit to. I wouldn't care to go to one of the type you mentioned either. would pretty much dismiss that out of hand