• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here and new to open carrying

Fisheater

imported post

Recently purchased a Ruger SR9 to carry on my hip.First time out yesterday went to a feeders supply,liquor store and blockbuster without so much as a stare or comment.I didnt feel anywhere near as awkward as i thought i might and even laughed it up with a few employees at a couple of places.Same as always other than im more prepared than usual.Glad to be on board here.

langzaiguy

imported post

Welcome! I'm fairly new to OCing--maybe 9 months? I still get nervous when I open carry but I can't say I've ever had a negative experience. BTW, I OC my SR9 too. Nice choice!

BigBubba

imported post

Welcome !

Kinda new to OCing myself (less than 6months) and it still makes me a little nervous to OC just because it feels a little out of the ordinary still, butI'm getting used to it, no problems to report as of yet. I OC a fullsize 1911.