Thread: Examiner.com - Madtown PD asks officers: Did you get the memo?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Please CLICK, DIGG, and REDDIT:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gu...-memo#comments

SNIP

This multi-year near-comedic chain of communication, from AAG Kassel’s “honest your honors, you can open carry on State Street,” to the current game of “memo, memo, who’s got the memo” down at Madtown PD got me thinking . . . so I made ANOTHER open records request under Wisconsin law, this time for any video discussions of these internal police discussions about “the memo,” and low and behold, they sent me this, a videotaped “counseling session” between Madison’s own Captain Victor Wahl and the officer who arrested Travis Yates in Madison recently . . .

Post imported post

From the article:

"...open carry obviously can and should prompt contact with the individual(s) carrying..."?

And JUST WHY IS THAT??????

(my emphasis above)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    From the article:

"...open carry obviously can and should prompt contact with the individual(s) carrying..."?

(my emphasis above)
    This is from the email they Madison PD sent to officers, which they provided to me pursuant to my open records request.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    BB62 wrote:
    From the article:

(my emphasis above)
    This is from the email they Madison PD sent to officers, which they provided to me pursuant to my open records request.
    Yes, I should have made that clear. It wasa poor quote on my part. My apologies.

I just did a cut and paste from my comment to the article.

What I should have said was "From the article (quoting the Madison PD e-mail):"

Banned

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    From the article:

(my emphasis above)
    "So the repeated harassment of open carriers discourages them from OCing ever again, obviously! If we can't ban the RKBA, we can at least put those who carry through hell every time they leave their homes!"

Post imported post

N6ATF wrote:
    BB62 wrote:
    From the article:

(my emphasis above)
    "So the repeated harassment of open carriers discourages them from OCing ever again, obviously! If we can't ban the RKBA, we can at least put those who carry through hell every time they leave their homes!"

When has pushing American Gun Owners around ever had that result?

Some people never learn. Being a tyrant just focuses The Watchers' gaze.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Sounds to me like this is department sponsored/condoned harassment.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

That "memo" is gonna wind up in court -- probably already headed there

Post imported post

Someone should send them a copy of Federal Judge Black's ruling against any detention of open carriers simply because they're carrying.

I like the fact that "over the last several years open carriers detained without cause by police have sued and obtained cash settlements in Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Virginia (see additional settlement here), and Georgia. More cases are still pending in Ohio , Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania."
    I wonder how much it will cost that police department should one of the harassed and or illegally-detained open carriers decides to sue them? $1 Million? $10 Million?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.