Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racine Wisconsin auto repair shop Customer Appreciation day to support Frank!

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Customer Appreciation day at auto repair shop (Frank's auto Mechanic)

1626 -- 1628 Douglas Avenue
    Racine, WI 53404

Frank's auto mechanic is holding a customer appreciation day tomorrow (Saturday September 12, 2009) from 1:00PM -- 4:00PM. All customers are asked to bring a dish to pass and their own lawn chair. He would like to have someone bring a grill, as well. Burgers / Hot-dogs, buns, condiments will be supplied.

Customers who choose to attend should be reminded that the business is PRO-Open Carry, but lies within a school zone.

This is your opportunity to show your support for one of your own.

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.

edit for clarification: This IS IN A SCHOOL ZONE. Unloaded and encased unless inside the building or in the back lot.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Frank's auto mechanic is holding a customer appreciation day tomorrow (Saturday September 12, 2009) from 1:00PM -- 4:00PM. All customers are asked to bring a dish to pass and their own lawn chair. He would like to have someone bring a grill, as well. Burgers / Hot-dogs, buns, condiments will be supplied.

Customers who choose to attend should be reminded that the business is PRO-Open Carry, but lies within a school zone.

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
    And, here is a chance to test the constitutionality of the Criminal Safe School Zone law.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

opencarrybilly wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
    And, here is a chance to test the constitutionality of the Criminal Safe School Zone law.
    Uhm.....What?

No, this is NOT an opportunity for that. No one needs to risk a felony conviction for that. If this is private property it is exempt from GFSZA.

This is an opportunity to show support for Frank.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
    opencarrybilly wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
    Uhm.....What?

No, this is NOT an opportunity for that. No one needs to risk a felony conviction for that. If this is private property it is exempt from GFSZA.

This is an opportunity to show support for Frank.

My mistake. Sorry. I guess I never got over the sixties.

Post imported post

I would love to attend this OC event, as I need some work done on my van, but I have to DJ a wedding . Sorry. Have fun at your Event !!:celebrate
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

You mean there wasn't blood in the streets? No mass shootings? No one brandishing their assault pistols and shooting anything that moved? IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Great to hear it turned out great for everyone. I know in the Virginia forum, people do not hesitate to drop a business like a bad habitif they refuse to let anyone carry who is not an LEO. Keep up the great work, good luck in your business ventures and thanks for the support!

Post imported post

I just returned home from this event. It was fun to meet some new people and to see familiar faces again. My appreciation to all who helped organize, the attendees, and to our gracious host!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Saw everyone on tv. Not bad, although TMJ-4 is horribly slanted.

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    Saw everyone on tv. Not bad, although TMJ-4 is horribly slanted.
    Perhaps a shim under one side of your set. . .

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

It was nice to put a few more faces to the names,and to take time outout in support of one of our own. The kids had fun looking around at everything.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Here is the coverage: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/59136237.htmlwith video

Post imported post

Wow, I lose my internet connection for a few days, then something like this happens. I'm glad you were able to get a picnic together so quickly to raise support. I'm in Racine this weekend, and wish I would have known about it.

Geoff

Post imported post

I hate to break up the love fest but something kind of irked me in that article.

But police claim Hannan-Rock refused to give officers any information when they asked about the shooting, not his name or where he lived. So they arrested him for obstructing an officer.
    What's the law in Wisconsin? Is there a stop-and-identify law? If not then it would seem it's definitely an unlawful arrest.

Good job on the get-together guys.

Post imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
    I hate to break up the love fest but something kind of irked me in that article.

But police claim Hannan-Rock refused to give officers any information when they asked about the shooting, not his name or where he lived. So they arrested him for obstructing an officer.
    Actualy the news reports indicate he did give ia lot of nformation - that he was not carrying an air gun, that he was on his own property, that his handgun was secured in the locked and cocked position, etc.

See discussion in these threads re Wisconsin's lack of any duty to ID yourself and the WI S. Ct.'s holding that refusal to ID yourself is NOT obstrution of justice in Wisconsin.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Here is the coverage: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/59136237.htmlwith video
    "Normally inside Mechanix Auto Shop, repair is done on cars. Saturday, it was done on a man's reputation."

I wish that station had a reply page.

"Mr. Hannan-Rock's reputation is intact and sound. It is the reputation of the Racine Police Dept. that has been shamed and sullied. They are now known to be violators of the Civil Rights they are charged to protect, Breachers of the Peace they are boundto defend, Harrasers of the Public they are sworn to support. The only way to repair their stature in the eyes of the Public is to apologise to the People, discipline the Offending officers, correctly train their departments, and swear to never repeat this transgression."

Why does the media wonder at their falling stature?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Though I chose to remain off camera. I was disappointed that my weapon got tv coverage. I missed my 15 minutes of fame. Tsk-tsk. I am pleased to mention that my weapon, now a tv celebrity will be sighning autographs, plans a book release, and perhapse a made for tv movie deal may be in the works.
    This is EXACTLY WHY LEO took Frank. LEO and the media BOTH missed the point, this isn't about the gun, it about RIGHTS! Until the media and LEO admit we actually have rights, this type of tyranny will continue.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

The clip showed a gun un-holstered. Was that smart?

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    Inevitable as all this unncessary gun handling is required by the Wisconin vehicle and school zone carry bans.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Inevitable as all this unncessary gun handling is required by the Wisconin vehicle and school zone carry bans.
    Yep, the entire time between case and holster the gun is uncased and not holstered.

Banned

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Yep, so hold up a sign with one hand that says "the government is infringing me into doing this".

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Scathing letter to the editor in the local paper from one of Frank's neighbors; Pointing out that if a man has to carry a weapon in his neighborhood for his own safety, instead of arresting him, maybe the Police should patrol his neighborhood more. Wow..........what a progressive idea! I would have never thought of it!
    Link? Always post link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast