• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racine Wisconsin auto repair shop Customer Appreciation day to support Frank!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Customer Appreciation day at auto repair shop (Frank's auto Mechanic)

1626 -- 1628 Douglas Avenue
Racine, WI 53404

Frank's auto mechanic is holding a customer appreciation day tomorrow (Saturday September 12, 2009) from 1:00PM -- 4:00PM. All customers are asked to bring a dish to pass and their own lawn chair. He would like to have someone bring a grill, as well. Burgers / Hot-dogs, buns, condiments will be supplied.

Customers who choose to attend should be reminded that the business is PRO-Open Carry, but lies within a school zone.

This is your opportunity to show your support for one of your own.

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.

edit for clarification: This IS IN A SCHOOL ZONE. Unloaded and encased unless inside the building or in the back lot.

opencarrybilly

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Frank's auto mechanic is holding a customer appreciation day tomorrow (Saturday September 12, 2009) from 1:00PM -- 4:00PM. All customers are asked to bring a dish to pass and their own lawn chair. He would like to have someone bring a grill, as well. Burgers / Hot-dogs, buns, condiments will be supplied.

Customers who choose to attend should be reminded that the business is PRO-Open Carry, but lies within a school zone.

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
And, here is a chance to test the constitutionality of the Criminal Safe School Zone law.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

opencarrybilly wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
And, here is a chance to test the constitutionality of the Criminal Safe School Zone law.
Uhm.....What?

No, this is NOT an opportunity for that. No one needs to risk a felony conviction for that. If this is private property it is exempt from GFSZA.

This is an opportunity to show support for Frank.

opencarrybilly

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
opencarrybilly wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Racine, WI 53404

Hope to see you there.

Carry On.
Uhm.....What?

No, this is NOT an opportunity for that. No one needs to risk a felony conviction for that. If this is private property it is exempt from GFSZA.

This is an opportunity to show support for Frank.
My mistake. Sorry. I guess I never got over the sixties.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to attend this OC event, as I need some work done on my van, but I have to DJ a wedding . Sorry. Have fun at your Event !!:celebrate

Milbars

imported post

You mean there wasn't blood in the streets? No mass shootings? No one brandishing their assault pistols and shooting anything that moved? IS THAT POSSIBLE?;)

Great to hear it turned out great for everyone. I know in the Virginia forum, people do not hesitate to drop a business like a bad habitif they refuse to let anyone carry who is not an LEO. Keep up the great work, good luck in your business ventures and thanks for the support!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I just returned home from this event. It was fun to meet some new people and to see familiar faces again. My appreciation to all who helped organize, the attendees, and to our gracious host!

ROOK_WI

imported post

It was nice to put a few more faces to the names,and to take time outout in support of one of our own. The kids had fun looking around at everything.

Geoff

imported post

Wow, I lose my internet connection for a few days, then something like this happens. I'm glad you were able to get a picnic together so quickly to raise support. I'm in Racine this weekend, and wish I would have known about it.

Geoff

N00blet45

imported post

I hate to break up the love fest but something kind of irked me in that article.

But police claim Hannan-Rock refused to give officers any information when they asked about the shooting, not his name or where he lived. So they arrested him for obstructing an officer.

What's the law in Wisconsin? Is there a stop-and-identify law? If not then it would seem it's definitely an unlawful arrest.

Good job on the get-together guys.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
I hate to break up the love fest but something kind of irked me in that article.

But police claim Hannan-Rock refused to give officers any information when they asked about the shooting, not his name or where he lived. So they arrested him for obstructing an officer.

Actualy the news reports indicate he did give ia lot of nformation - that he was not carrying an air gun, that he was on his own property, that his handgun was secured in the locked and cocked position, etc.

See discussion in these threads re Wisconsin's lack of any duty to ID yourself and the WI S. Ct.'s holding that refusal to ID yourself is NOT obstrution of justice in Wisconsin.

PavePusher

imported post

Mike wrote:

"Normally inside Mechanix Auto Shop, repair is done on cars. Saturday, it was done on a man's reputation."

I wish that station had a reply page.

"Mr. Hannan-Rock's reputation is intact and sound. It is the reputation of the Racine Police Dept. that has been shamed and sullied. They are now known to be violators of the Civil Rights they are charged to protect, Breachers of the Peace they are boundto defend, Harrasers of the Public they are sworn to support. The only way to repair their stature in the eyes of the Public is to apologise to the People, discipline the Offending officers, correctly train their departments, and swear to never repeat this transgression."

Why does the media wonder at their falling stature?:banghead:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX wrote:
Though I chose to remain off camera. I was disappointed that my weapon got tv coverage. I missed my 15 minutes of fame. Tsk-tsk. I am pleased to mention that my weapon, now a tv celebrity will be sighning autographs, plans a book release, and perhapse a made for tv movie deal may be in the works.
This is EXACTLY WHY LEO took Frank. LEO and the media BOTH missed the point, this isn't about the gun, it about RIGHTS! Until the media and LEO admit we actually have rights, this type of tyranny will continue.