• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW POSTER

Chrisc411

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat. We are just looking at different ways to skin the feline without causing more problems.

Agreeded but it stilll defeats the purpose of OC to carry a fake firearm. We arm lawabiding firearm owners in the state of california and we are breaking no laws so we should not have to compromise for the law when the law does not compromise for us

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Chrisc411 wrote:
...it stilll defeats the purpose of OC to carry a fake firearm.
Perhaps it defeats your purposes for OC. Try to realize we're a lot of different people with a lot of different motives and ideas.

If creating awareness was my only goal, I think a training firearm would be a FAR better choice than a real firearm.

chewy352

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere the idea of carrying inert training pistols in a holster is actually more helpful to our cause now.
No way I wouldcarrya red or blue training pistol. Either UOC (which is neutered enough) or don't.I suppose you could make a point with an empty holster if you wanted to.

I carried empty holsters to the Sheriffs debate in El Cajon. I got attention from other people there. As it turns out i didn't see a single LEO besides sheriff Gore. In which case i should have carried to defend myself. :banghead::banghead::banghead: But I'm with you on the fake guns. IMO it makes a mockery of open carry. If i cant carry i wont go there.

Michael

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere the idea of carrying inert training pistols in a holster is actually more helpful to our cause now.
No way I wouldcarrya red or blue training pistol. Either UOC (which is neutered enough) or don't.I suppose you could make a point with an empty holster if you wanted to.

I carried empty holsters to the Sheriffs debate in El Cajon. I got attention from other people there. As it turns out i didn't see a single LEO besides sheriff Gore. In which case i should have carried to defend myself. :banghead::banghead::banghead: But I'm with you on the fake guns. IMO it makes a mockery of open carry. If i cant carry i wont go there.

Michael
Gore has probably taken a page out of Hutchens' guidebook of sheriff vs law-abiding citizen spycraft... though since he actually was a fed for a while, he knew how to run a more discreet op.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Chrisc411 wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat. We are just looking at different ways to skin the feline without causing more problems.

Agreeded but it stilll defeats the purpose of OC to carry a fake firearm. We arm lawabiding firearm owners in the state of california and we are breaking no laws so we should not have to compromise for the law when the law does not compromise for us

I don't remember saying anything about advocating the bearing of toy firearms. Like I said, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

If I was a regular ignorant citizen and I saw some guy walking around with a fake gun I would either think he was a lunatic or some ding dong I would not take seriously and I would chuckle and never give it a second thought.

If I was a regular ignorant citizen and I saw some guy walking around with a holstered weapon I would immediately question the legality and immediately search for the FACTS online and actually learn a thing or two about open carry and firearms (EDIT: and if I were a rational individual I would hope I could draw close toa rational opinion on gun control and firearms)and the negative effects of gun control from this fine forum or other websites. +1 more person to our cause

My two cents on this whole BS debate with CalGuns.

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

I don't think trash talking Calguns.net is cool. Some of them have a different view, and in a whole we are all looking to save ALL of our second amendment rights. If we trash talk them we are less likely to receive their support when we need it. I agree that carrying a "fake" firearm mitigates the cause however that does not mean that there is not a time a place. If they are used as a symbol at a rally or event where we can not legally UOC our real fire arms, then I think its a good idea. But trashing another organization is not a good practice for Open Carry to get in the habit of. Again, This will only divide us and thats what anti gun supporters want. This is just my opinion.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
I don't think trash talking Calguns.net is cool. Some of them have a different view, and in a whole we are all looking to save ALL of our second amendment rights. If we trash talk them we are less likely to receive their support when we need it. I agree that carrying a "fake" firearm mitigates the cause however that does not mean that there is not a time a place. If they are used as a symbol at a rally or event where we can not legally UOC our real fire arms, then I think its a good idea. But trashing another organization is not a good practice for Open Carry to get in the habit of. Again, This will only divide us and thats what anti gun supporters want. This is just my opinion.

Who was trash talking Cal Guns?

The International Lesbian and Gay Association could have an opinion that chickens should be treated differently when raised for eggs and meat and I could disagree.... does that make me hate gay people or classify me as "trash talking their organization"?

Edit: Thisstatement that we are' trash talking Calguns' just because we have a difference of opinion seems very much like Jimmy Carter's statement that anyone who disagrees with Obama's health plan is a racist. Creating fear to have a diference of opinion is not a tactic I and many otherstake kindly to.

Now as for CalGuns, they have helped us in the past, though they do not believe in people with different opinions being squelched out as do we. Opinions are spread well when backed up with facts and as for now there are no facts that open carry is hurting the 2nd A movement in a whole. In fact many sources say otherwise as you can see here...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/30325.html

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

No specific direction intended. It seems that the thread of "UOC without open carry" has migrated its way over to "New Poster". And I have seen alot of animosity towards Calguns, and I just wanted to make a general comment.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
No specific direction intended. It seems that the thread of "UOC without open carry" has migrated its way over to "New Poster". And I have seen alot of animosity towards Calguns, and I just wanted to make a general comment.
Any anger torwards them may just high emotions but if you do see anyone in specific, call them out on it. All I would reccomend is to give the best opinion you have as to why they may be correct on this issue or not. Though I rather like my opinion a couple posts up, anyone like to challenge itplease?

Decoligny

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Chrisc411 wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:

I don't remember saying anything about advocating the bearing of toy firearms. Like I said, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
I know of 11. And that's just the ones not involving a belt sander. :what: