• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeway - Open Carry Friendly

Jeff Hayes

imported post

+1000 djhawes

My kids also were shooting early, they had to use the deck rail for a rest because they could not hold up a .22 rifle. My oldest is an active duty Marine NCO and shoots expert every time. The only people that have got harmed a firearm by either of my kids have been enemy combatants.

A male FBI agent that was neutered, interesting.

We-the-People

imported post

Yeah, my dad, Calif Highway Patrol at the time (now retired) took us shooting when I was a tyke. MAYBE 7 which would have mad emy brother 5. He showed us how to fire his revolver, including keeping finger off trigger, muzzle in safe direction down range no matter what, etc.

Brother and I fired off a cylinder full and then it was moms turn. She pulled the trigger but not far enough and let go. Finger still on teh trigger she turned around, gun swinging with her, saying "it won't fire". Had dad not grabbed it she would have swept all three of us and ended up, finger on trigger, pointing right at dad.

She never touched a pistol again.

As for the lady at the checkout with the alleged 30 year FBI husband. I'd have been hard pressed to not say something about "hubbie must have been one of the accountants".

JBURGII

imported post

All of my siblings were taught firearm safety and we all hunt.. my Mother could hit a jackrabbit on the run left handed with Grandpa's shotgun.. we were well behaved. :D

GoldCoaster

imported post

It skipped a generation with my family. The first firearm I ever shot was my granddad's 410 shotgun (his rabbit gun) and he also acquired for me my first air rifle which he gave me after I got a good report card at school (good incentive) I also had a realistic looking daisy air pistol that looked like a 1911.

My dad was in the army and shot his fair share of stuff I'm sure but never really talked much about it and has become quite a liberal in his old age. I had a couple of .22 rifles when I lived under his roof but he definitely has a bug up his azz about handguns. We just have to agree to disagree with each other on that as I have a few of them. My kids both can shoot rifles and are both pretty good shots, my daughter does competitive junior target shooting and has a better pair of eyes than I do so I won't challenge her any more and she's a good shot with my Ruger MK III too.

Both kids can tell you about and demonstrate firearm safety which if nothing else makes me somewhat comfortable if they encounter firearms in someone else's house.

bigboar

imported post

I open carry at my Safeway here in Silverton with no problems. The manager kept an eye on me for a couple of minutes the first time then let me be.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Me thinketh the sheep who called the cop's at Safeway was not totally fixated on Your gun, I think that she was emotional & intimidated by Your looks...aka Biker-Bad Boy-H A -Pirate-Hit man-WWF wrestler- Ruff neck type of look .

( That kind of look-style which I personally like *In a heterosexual way of course;) ,lol )

Your looks are what set her off , the gun was just icing excuse on the Harley cake.