• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is anyone going to watch the DC Teaparty tomorrow

brokerbh

imported post

Just heard from VCDL that Bailey's is an anti -gun establishment with a "No Guns" sign on the door. Seems odd to rally in support of the Constitution at a place that prohibits the exercise of our 2nd Amendment rights.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

For those of us that don't Go North..Why not make it an open carry event
I'm coming back from the farm for this!

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Fox News/Glenn Beckwill be broadcasting the Taxpayer March on Washington, DC, thisSaturday, September 12th.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]WST-Richmond will be hosting a viewing party for those who are unable to join the March.[/font] [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
WST groups arepart of Glenn Beck's 9.12 Project and are foundedaround 9 Principles and 12 Values.[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font] -------------------------------------------------------------- [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Join We Surround Them - Richmond
at Bailey's Pub and Grille

To watch Glenn Beck's live broadcast with MCs the Lee Brothers from WRVA-AM and local patriotic musician Kevin Reynolds.

Date: 9/12/2009
Time: 12:30 to 3:00 PM
Place: 11581 Robious Road, Richmond, Va 23235
(corner of Huguenot Road)

For more information or to volunteer to help
[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]WST[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"], contact:
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]wstr.events@gmail.com[/font]

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kennys wrote:
Had noticed another thread that said Bailey's Pub had a no guns sign on the door.

I've been kicked out of better bars than that. We'll see what happen.

Lie2me

imported post

I'll try and get up there tomorrow around 12:30 as I'd like to be up there for 9/12. Can't promise anything as my wife is doing flowers for a family wedding tomorrow.

...That means I may be wrangled into doing something last minute. :banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lie2me wrote:
I'll try and get up there tomorrow around 12:30 as I'd like to be up there for 9/12. Can't promise anything as my wife is doing flowers for a family wedding tomorrow.

...That means I may be wrangled into doing something last minute. :banghead:
You may wind up sitting with an empty holster....who knows. It'll make a good story anyway and I really want to hear the Teaparty's explanation if there is a sign.

curtiswr

imported post

The manager, who supposedly used to be an FFL, denied entry to those with handguns on the premise of promoting safety for the other patrons based on the fact that he didn't know anybody that was carrying personally... thus presenting that not only was he making implicit and negative character judgments about any and everyone he doesn't personally know but that should he have known me personally and of my intentions that he may have allowed a bending of the rules?

He also seemed to believe that you couldn't carry at all in any place that served alcohol and I swiftly corrected him on that and told him that his establishment would be safer for the time being when law abiding and responsible citizens were in there that were legally carrying.

It struck me as odd that someone who supposedly, by his own admission, was an FFL and sold guns for a living in a past career, was so ignorant to the law and the fact that guns are inherently safe and especially safe in the hands/holsters of law-abiding citizens. But as has been proven plenty of times before and I'm sure will continue to be: ignorance is rampant.

There wasn't anything posted on the door or the rule placard in the vestibule of the restaurant with regards to firearms.

But what do you expect from a place that advertises itself as a pub but dictates that those in certain attire (biker wear... vests? something you might expect to see in a PUB..) would not be allowed in. I saw a few people in there with biker attire, and warned a couple that was going in that they didn't support freedom. The rules were selectively enforced, obviously, based on the emotions and irrational fears of management/staff.

Then there's the issue of the tea party group choosing the anti-gun location. That it was known to be anti gun/anti freedom and they still chose to hold the event there and give them A LOT (place was jam packed) of business and money is something that, in my mind, puts a bad taste in my mouth with regards to the WST/tea party group. I believe Don will have more on that and probably more to say on Bailey's as well.

kennys

imported post

I was there around 12:30. No signs posted I entered. I got several smiles as well as acknowledgement to the fact of my OC. Than , ran into Peter Nap, in which he had a run in with the management, as well as the people behind this event and notified me of the way management felt about Oc. I dropped my weapon back at the truck, just long enough to go back in for a second, grab my wife and leave like the rest ofthem.

This is a crock, not only from the management, but as well from tea party people which seem to have a thing about no gun establishments.

curtiswr

imported post

kennys wrote:
I was there around 12:30. No signs posted I entered. I got several smiles as well as acknowledgement to the fact of my OC. Than , ran into Peter Nap, in which he had a run in with the management, as well as the people behind this event and notified me of the way management felt about Oc. I dropped my weapon back at the truck, just long enough to go back in for a second, grab my wife and leave like the rest ofthem.

This is a crock, not only from the management, but as well from tea party people which seem to have a thing about no gun establishments.
The other tea party people I alerted to it on my exit and walk through the parking lot shrugged off that neither the restaurant nor the event group seemed to care about freedoms all that much shrugged it off like it was nothing.

My girlfriend said it came across to her as being a reactionary group that is merely reacting to a set of ideologies that they do not like and because they are only reacting to the ideas they do not like they are only trying to make a statement against what is out there now and making a statement of "I don't like this administration..." rather than promoting freedom and doing so in an active, or holistic, manner. And in her words "you should act, not react and because they are reacting it narrows their scope." She says she doesn't know much about what the tea party is all about but that this is just how it strikes her as being.

kennys

imported post

Something seems wrong when they would rather have a bunch of drunk loud people that will not remember any of it tomorrow, than some law abiding sober gun owners that as well believe in standing up for their rights as well. We can be just as loud or louder and sober, as well safe.

curtiswr

imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
Should have held it at Chammps instead.
Yeah, they should have held it somewhere that was gun and freedom friendly. But they didn't. Shame on the tea party/We Surround Them organizers. Something fishy going on with them... :X

The Chammps here is in a mall. I think the mall has a no guns policy, but I've OC'd there several times. Nonetheless, Chammps is at an entrance so I'm sure we could get in and eat there, hopefully without a problem.

peter nap wrote: [/b]

Nice writeup, Don. There were a few differences in our encounters. The main one being that instead of him saying my gun could be grabbed by someone else that had one too many drinks he said that I might end up having one too many drinks and decide to start shooting. I informed him that I don't drink and he said "well I didn't know that" to which I replied "now you do" and he then went on to explain it was company policy and yadda yadda yadda guns are dangerous I'm scared, we're all scared, where's mommy...

I sent an email to the parent company of Bailey's to find out if it really is a corporate policy or if it is a per location sort of thing.

kennys

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I sent an email to the parent company of Bailey's to find out if it really is a corporate policy or if it is a per location sort of thing.
Could you give me the e-mail add? I have writen to Dock Thompson, Tea Party Organisers, Glen Beck. I want another e-mail to write.:lol: