• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roanoke Times...again

buster81

imported post

So, Mr. Casey at the Roanoke Times just cannot put down the anti-gun crack pipe. It looks likeevery third or fourthblog topic he posts is regarding guns (mostly anti in one way or another).Check out his latest. He wants pictures of you and your gun. What do you suppose this is going to turn into?

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/

Milbars

imported post

Maybe a future montage of rifle owners/carriers carefully edited to not show race or gender to further the stereotype that all gun owners are white, right-wing extremists...wait, that's been done already...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Milbars wrote:
Maybe a future montage of rifle owners/carriers carefully edited to not show race or gender to further the stereotype that all gun owners are white, right-wing extremists...wait, that's been done already...
I think it would be great if he didn't receive one, not one single picture. :D
Blackballed !

Unfortunately, there are a few publicity hounds around, I'm sure.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

Let me help you understand what is probably going on here...

Since Mr. Casey is one of those who probably thinks that all gun owners are de facto criminals, his offer may be restated in these terms which may help us see his intent:
Calling all Boy-Lovers! It's contest time, and you could win!
I'm holding in my virgin hands a shiny, large format, full color catalog and case history of John Wayne Gayce's latest freshman class! Including explicit instructions on how to make your very own clown costume!
It's destined for a bookshelf owned by one of you loyal readers of this blog. Call your friends and let them know as well!
Here's what I want from you: A simple picture of you with your favorite boy, which will be presented in an online gallery on roanoke.com. Please make sure your face is easily recognizable, we will be using our spankin' new face recognition software just imported from Great Britain, so give us something to work with here, ok?
Send me your photo with the subject line "boy lover" using this link...
I am fully aware that that analogy is absolutely gross, but I have no doubts whatsoever that a similar thought process is going through Mr. Casey's mind. Given his track record, and that of the Roanoke Times, I am hard pressed to believe anything other than nefarious intentions are at play.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TFred wrote:
snip... Given his track record, and that of the Roanoke Times, I am hard pressed to believe anything other than nefarious intentions are at play.

TFred
+1

Definitely something negative going on here. Rest assured that any that fall for his spider-to-the-fly invitation will find themselves in a web of deceit and discomfort.

The sucker bait technique is so obvious as to be almost laughable.

Yata hey

Repeater

imported post

buster81 wrote:
So, Mr. Casey at the Roanoke Times just cannot put down the anti-gun crack pipe. It looks likeevery third or fourthblog topic he posts is regarding guns (mostly anti in one way or another).Check out his latest. He wants pictures of you and your gun. What do you suppose this is going to turn into?

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/
He probably wants to put your picture on a cereal box -- Have you seen this person?

Not trustworthy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

granny%20gun.jpg