• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9/11 "truth", inside job, or a bunch of idiots?

Are 1/3 of our people idiots?

• 9/11 was not an inside job, the tiny percentage of people who "think" so are louder than their numbe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/11 was an inside job, and the poster and everyone who denies it are idiots.

• The gov't had some advanced warning but let it happen in order to go to war.

• Islamic sociopaths organized and executed the plot, and our incompetent gov't was asleep at the swit

• Total voters

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I heard this "guy" claim 1/3 of Americans from both political parties believe 9/11 was an "inside job", on a radio show yesterday.

Is it really 1/3? I assumed from talking to a lot of these imbeciles over the years that they were little more than an excessively noisy group of marxist malcontents. The fact that they seemed to be universally behind Ron Paul (who is by no means a marxist), and that his electoral support was NIL, proved to me that my assumptions were correct.

So someone please tell me, if Ron Paul, who was supposed to be so favored by the "truth" movement could have performed so dismally. Does that not prove that the "truthers" are loud mouthed morons who only get so much attention because their ideas are so insane?

Or are the rest of us idiots because we don't "question the official story"?

I will say 9/11 led to some pretty lousy legislation that has damaged the cause of liberty, but then again, we didn't have any Waco's during Bush, or people walking around the streets with AR15's near his speeches.

The first and fourth choices are essentially the same.

david.ross

imported post

You must be referring to Infowars...

I should note "Chris" the AR-15 open carrier is a member of infowars, and the carry of the AR-15 was a infowars stunt.

I'm not in support of the guy, nor the group. Not only is infowars a crackpot fringe group, Chris goes to a whackjob church. Remember the reverend who was tazed in the car? You should watch his sessions which are on the web sometime. I don't care for people who call for the mass execution of LGBT, makes the types no better than anarchists.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2979307&postcount=243

Seems people didn't appreciate the video and was forced the video to be removed from public through a ToS violation in regards to hate speech and recommending harm. I watched the second video and did hear the Preacher Steve Anderson talking about executing LGBT.

Watch the first video... I'm sure the SS has already seen the video... which Anderson wishes for Obama's death.

If you hear the words "infowars" in person... run fast... very fast... crackpot anarchist fringe group...

redlegagent

imported post

In the beginning of the video, notice the sign in the back ground about vaccines being poisoned. These people are clearly one of the far out fringe groups that believe everything the government does is a conspiracy. So much misguided energy out there, sad. You're right, Infowars, alex jones, etc. merely feed on these people's paranoia to stay in business. They probably still have their beans and rice from Y2K that those idiots convinced them to buy. :p

JT

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
I heard this "guy" claim 1/3 of Americans from both political parties believe 9/11 was an "inside job", on a radio show yesterday.
People can claim anything. President Obama claimed that over half of all Americans favor agovernment run health careoption (i.e., "public option") in his speech Wednesday night. He is as delusional as the guy you heard on theradio. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the 911 attacksfrom the start, has never denied it and has repeatedly threatened to do more of the same. Nut jobs like Charlie Sheen have to deny facts that have been verified by multiple sources.

zoom6zoom

imported post

I love the fact that some people think that the .gov is so incompetent but at the same time think that they can pull off a conspiracy like that and keep it secret.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I love the fact that some people think that the .gov is so incompetent but at the same time think that they can pull off a conspiracy like that and keep it secret.
Yeah, this has been my reaction, from day one.

N00blet45

imported post

With all the nutjob conspiracy theories out there it destroys the credibility of anyone looking to ask questions. All the sudden if you question just one piece of the official story you're a "truther".

I'm not going to go piece by piece and dissect every detail in this post because it's waaay to long. Suffice to say that a lot of questions exist that have very puzzling answers.

I do not think that they flew missiles into buildings. It was a terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalists. However that doesn't mean our government wasn't complacent in the attacks. How many people lost their jobs over 9/11 from the FAA, DoD, and so on?

What a lot of people don't realize is that this wasn't something new. Hijackings had been a threat since the 60s and policy was in place since at least the 80s on how to deal with a suspected hijacking. In fact the DoD had a policy to intercept airliners suspected of being hijacked. The Secretary of Defense even changed the policy several months before the attack so that authorization had to come from him or higher (coincidence?).

Maybe it's also just a coincidence that the day before on September 10th, 2001 Ronald Rumsfield said that $2.3 trillion was unaccounted for out of the Pentagon's budget. Or maybe it's also a coincidence that the NRO was practicing a scenario of a plane crashing into its headquarters on September 11th.

Also, what happened to WTC 7? It fell when buildings around it sustained heavier damage and had to be knocked down.

My idea is that the government let the attacks happen rather than they caused them.

Gordie

imported post

Are we supposed to believe that whatbasically amounts tothesame government that brought us "cash for clunkers" and couldn't make it work efficiently, could pull off or even know in advance of 9/11 and keep it a secret? They couldn't even keep interrogation methods used a secret. They can't keep the locations of "secret" prisons secret. Our own members of Congress can't be trusted to keep activeoperations secret, how would any of them be expected to keep this one under wraps?

chiefjason

imported post

Conspiracy, no. Complacency, probably. Didn't Oliver North say Bin Laden was the most dangerous man on the planet during the Iran-Contra investigation. Guess nobody listened. I'm sure there were folks who new how serious it could get and others who did not care or thought it could not happen.

codename_47

imported post

Are we supposed to believe that whatbasically amounts tothesame government that brought us "cash for clunkers" and couldn't make it work efficiently, could pull off or even know in advance of 9/11 and keep it a secret? They couldn't even keep interrogation methods used a secret. They can't keep the locations of "secret" prisons secret.

I think the gvt keeps plenty of secrets. These just aren't the really juicy ones. For example, what people heard of operation northwoods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods) at the time and knew that the gvt was planning to kill soldiers or fake their deaths to justify the invasion of Cuba? I'd wager not many.

Same thing goes for the pentagon papers and the true feelings of the gvt in the vietnam war. That didn't come out until years later.

Granted, technology and the media have rapidly increased the ease to get information out, but is it just that or do we really not know the inner workings of the gvt?

cointelpro was discovered as the result of a burglery at the a FBI office.

The iran contra affair was discovered after some foreign gvts spoke to the media, but mostly was the result of an aircraft getting shot down.

The gvt can keep a secret pretty well as these things were only chance occurrences that got out to the public. If this is just what we are finding out by accident, I am sure there are many other things we don't know.

I seriously doubt that Oliver north said that about Bin ladin. Al-queda wasn't operating and he wasn't nearly as dangerous as he is now back then. Nobody was even tracking bin ladin at the time. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There are many conspiracy theories on 9/11. The first is the government theory, that 19 hijackers conspired to attack us and largely succeeded. There are some serious of problems with that theory so some folks began to ask questions. I think many of the alternative theories better explain some of the events. No doubt that there are theories that are not tenable and those should be dismissed. Throughout history it has been an effective tactic of government to intentionally spread crazy conspiracy theories. Then it can discredit them and discredit anyone who challenges the official view.

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth ( http://www.ae911truth.org ) is probably the organization with the most credence because they are scientific professionals that are asking questions rather than providing answers.

As an aside, you can still doubt the official 9/11 narrative without thinking that it was "an inside job". The controlled demolition theory (either of Building 7 or all 3 WTC buildings) could still be the work of Islamic terrorists.

This discussion might be easier to follow if you define "inside job". Does that mean that every single government official knew of and approved and cheered an attack on their own citizens? Does that mean that a single official, or even a single American citizen knew about it? What constitues an "inside job"?

EDIT: fixed link

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I think the funniest thing about the 9/11 conspiracyare the "heroes" of Flight 93. The government is capable of keeping a few secrets as mentioned in earlier posts.

If you know anything about aviation crashes, you could take one look at the crash site photos and know that the aircraft did NOT crash as a result of anyone inside the aircraft. The debris field is way too big.

It was shot down by an Air National Guard fighter. Compare the available photos of the Flight 93 crash site to the crash site in the Valu-Jet Everglades crash...

Everglades crash site = deep hole.

Pennsylvania crash site = chit spread out over a couple miles...

I'm actually amazed the government has been able to keep this one quiet. I'd love to read the ATR (Ammunition Transaction Report) from the national guard unit expendinga Sparrow or Sidewinder missile. THAT would be priceless!

Americans love their heroes. We needed heroes on 9/11 and they "made them" for the Flight 93 crash. The victims of the 9/11 attacks aren't heroes. They were just victims of terrorism. The real heroes are the LE and EMS people that went up in the twin towers in an attempt to save others.A lot ofpeople were saved that day.

I knewa Coast Guard reservist that died in the WTC. Itook him to the range a few times when he was on active duty at Station Rockaway in the early 90's.MK1 Jeff Palazzowas a NYC fireman. He died a hero.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Ach, Ja! Und der giftgas Zyklon B vass fur ser dizifektion uff der matressen un nicht fur dem Juden und ve neffer did dem mordoren holocausten neider. Und der nozenzialistechen scheiss abouten dem giftgaschamberen ess eine lie, eine Judenischtechen lie und zo es der 9-11 Attacken, un judischiten lie.

Und now bitte kannst du gibten unser zum vasser? It is very warme vere ve ess right now. Uber 50 Jahren mittotten vasser in der hotten flammen, ve is very thirsten. Vasser? VASSER! BITTE VASSER!! -

Zinzeren,

Addolf Hitler

Heinrich Himmler

Reinhard Heydrich

Und ser guys. Vasser?

codename_47

imported post

I'm actually amazed the government has been able to keep this one quiet. I'd love to read the ATR (Ammunition Transaction Report) from the national guard unit expendinga Sparrow or Sidewinder missile. THAT would be priceless!

Americans love their heroes. We needed heroes on 9/11 and they "made them" for the Flight 93 crash. The victims of the 9/11 attacks aren't heroes. They were just victims of terrorism. The real heroes are the LE and EMS people that went up in the twin towers in an attempt to save others.A lot ofpeople were saved that day.

I have actually heard some stories about this from people on the ground. I also know that around that time we were manufacturing hero's left and right, just ask jessica lynch or pat tillman.

Gordie

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I think the funniest thing about the 9/11 conspiracyare the "heroes" of Flight 93. The government is capable of keeping a few secrets as mentioned in earlier posts.

If you know anything about aviation crashes, you could take one look at the crash site photos and know that the aircraft did NOT crash as a result of anyone inside the aircraft. The debris field is way too big.

It was shot down by an Air National Guard fighter. Compare the available photos of the Flight 93 crash site to the crash site in the Valu-Jet Everglades crash...

Everglades crash site = deep hole.

Pennsylvania crash site = chit spread out over a couple miles...

I knewa Coast Guard reservist that died in the WTC. Itook him to the range a few times when he was on active duty at Station Rockaway in the early 90's.MK1 Jeff Palazzowas a NYC fireman. He died a hero.

If you know anything about aviation crashes, you know that the size of the debris field is largely affected by angle of impact and the terrain involved.

Value-jet hit nose down, vertically, in a swamp. No bounce there.

Flight 93 hit a field of solid dirt, at an angle, things tend to bounce a little. Only very light debris was found away from the crash sight. This is easily explained by the violent impact, and the explosion of the fuel carrying light debris thousands of feet in the air.. If it had been hit by a missile, heavy debris would have been found before the impact point. Witnesses would also have seen the breaking up of the airplane.

When I was in the Air Force two birds from my base had a mid-air collision. One exploded a couple of seconds after impact, it was scattered for miles, both light and heavy debris. The other stayed in one piece all of the way to the ground, it hit in a vertical dive, at near full throttle,no debris was found more than 30 feet from the impact sight. The same thing brought them both down, but they had very different impacts.

Another aircraft from our base went down at mach speed and at a very low angle of impact (less than 20%). Debris was found over 1 1/2 miles from impact. Literally dozens of witnesses saw the crash, it was in one piece until impact.

I have yet to see any evidence to show that 9/11 was anything but what we've been told.