Thread: Quickest location for CPL acquisition - Spokane

Post imported post

I'm turning 21 in a couple weeks. Just seeing if anybody has any experience with getting their CPL in less than 30 days in the Spokane area? I know the courthouse is notorious for taking the full 30 days and I'm looking to avoid that.

BTW I fully intend on OCing but want the option of carrying a BUG or loaded in a vehicle.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

I assume you are a Washington Resident. If so you really don't have any choice as to where to go.

1. If you are the resident of the City of Spokane (or any other city) you CAN go to that police department of the city you live in, or you can go to the County Sheriff's office.

2. If you live outside the city limits and are therefore not a city resident, your only choice is the County Sheriff of the county you live in.

NON Residents on the other hand can apply at ANY county sheriff's office.

Typically (In most counties), the Sheriffs office is the better place to go vs the City, but YMMV. I am not familiar with how the Spokane County sheriffs office is on this matter. I am fairly sure the City will make you wait the full 30 days.

Post imported post

I live outside the Spokane City limits and mine was still signed by the Spokane Chief of Police. The courthouse is your only option and you are going to wait 30 days. Sorry.

Post imported post

I had mine in 2 days, but that's because I told the Island County Sherrif's clerk doing my app that I was only home from Japan for a week, and she hooked me up.

Don't count on this kind of turn-around time as normal, IOW...

Post imported post

I had a 2 week turn around from Pullman PD, but that was almost 3 years ago. With the amount of people wanting to get a CPL most applicants I know have ended up waiting the entire time. Good luck getting it back quick.

Post imported post

Im up here in Bellingham. I did the paperwork and fingerprints on a Thursday and the CPL was in my mailbox Saturday afternoon. It says it was stamped/printed/confirmed and whatnot Thursday not two hours after I was fingerprinted. Meanwhile, my fathers CPL took almost 2 months and the Blaine PD wouldnt even mail it to him. He was required to pick it up himself. Never did like Blaine PD.....