• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anty506, what is your side of the story?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

VORiaSOI wrote:
why all the hush hush.
mark was able to talk about his, still talks about his, got a pretty good settlement and talks about it.

if your right. you are right. right?

and if you can run your story by us, we can maybe do a mock trial of it at the banquet room at basspro on a get together/meeting day.....

No offense, but wha are you, like 15???

How can you be that out of touch?

We are not talking about a false arrest on a bogus charge, we are talking about an offense for which legally the penalty could potentially be death, and you don't see a problem with a 19 yo blabbing his opinion about it on the internet??

VORiaSOI

imported post

you didnt offend me.

i was just curious. i dont see why we cant debate more facts. you provide legal information on your web site, so i assume you must know the law. i guess its good you are here to give legal advice.

ill be quiet.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

VORiaSOI wrote:
you didnt offend me.

i was just curious. i dont see why we cant debate more facts. you provide legal information on your web site, so i assume you must know the law. i guess its good you are here to give legal advice.

ill be quiet.

Sorry, I was probably rude.

I am not a lawyer.

I was just flabbergasted.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
VORiaSOI wrote:
why all the hush hush.
mark was able to talk about his, still talks about his, got a pretty good settlement and talks about it.

and if you can run your story by us, we can maybe do a mock trial of it at the banquet room at basspro on a get together/meeting day.....

No offense, but wha are you, like 15???

How can you be that out of touch?

We are not talking about a false arrest on a bogus charge, we are talking about an offense for which legally the penalty could potentially be death, and you don't see a problem with a 19 yo blabbing his opinion about it on the internet??

I don't see a problem....if sticks to the truth.

The matter is of interest to the public and to this forum. Whatever he did, and whatever his motivations were are of interest and likely instructive to the OCDO membership.

Anthony Manzella (anty506) was (and still is ?) a member of this forum. He has been an aggressive proponent of and constant practitioner of open carry.

He is our guy. He is our creation. OCDO encouraged this 19-year-old to carry a gun and OCDO members, such as MEM also further assisted anty to be an open carry guy.

It's a public space, it's a public case andanty can inform, explain, rant, ask questions,etc. as he wishes.

He could, as one alternative, apologize to all of us in the open carry community for getting himself into a big mess and bringing at least a small amount of disrepute to OCDO and the OC community.

He could do that...

imported post

my advise is to run for the hills and never look back.

because they are going to string him up whether what he did was wrong or not.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

OzarkMountainDaredevil wrote:

Do you think what anty did was wrong? Or not?

imported post

HankT wrote:

no

buying a plant is not illegal in a free society

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:

no

Shooting a man and killing him, with specific exceptions, is.

charlie12

imported post

VORiaSOI wrote:
why all the hush hush.

:DIt would be nice to hear the story.

His posting on the computer is probably one of the things that's going to sink his ship.

In Mark's deal he wasn't going to spend the rest of his life or the needle at Angola.

charlie12

imported post

HankT wrote:

no

How do you know what he was there to buy or sell???:question:

PT111

imported post

I believe that the Miranda warning has a line in it something like "Anything you saycan and will be used against you in a court of law". This doesn't mean just what you say to the police but what you say to anyone. A large number of cases are solved by the defendent talking or bragging about the crime.

There have beennumerous threads on here about keeping your mouth shut when arrested. Why all of a sudden are some wanting a person who has been arrested foe a serious crime wanting him to get on here and discuss it. Doesn't matter if he tells the truth or not; go back to that line about can and will be used against you. About the dumbest thread ever been started on here.

imported post

Yep, PT 111, that last statement is probably the most ACCURATE one here in a long time, too.
Strange, Anthony talks with me anytime I contact him, we have no problem talking.
Guess he has enough sense not to talk to those who do not have his best interest in mind, don't blame him one bit.
I wouldn't, either.

VORiaSOI

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I believe that the Miranda warning has a line in it something like "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law".  This doesn't mean just what you say to the police but what you say to anyone.  A large number of cases are solved by the defendent talking or bragging about the crime.

There have been numerous threads on here about keeping your mouth shut when arrested.  Why all of a sudden are some wanting a person who has been arrested foe a serious crime wanting him to get on here and discuss it.  Doesn't matter if he tells the truth or not; go back to that line about can and will be used against you.  About the dumbest thread ever been started on here.

do you really mean that. that this is about the dumbest thread ever been started here. i find that hard to believe. and it makes me sad.

at least i was asking. luckily mark is helping him with legal advice, although some people tried to say mark is someone who encouraged anty. i dont see where a civil action could blame anyone.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Strange, Anthony talks with me anytime I contact him, we have no problem talking.
Speaking of talking, the next time you talk to anty, can you ask him if he had his recorder going during the drug-related incidentat the Clinton house?

If so, will the recording help his defense?

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Guess he has enough sense not to talk to those who do not have his best interest in mind, don't blame him one bit.
I wouldn't, either.
I dunno, Mark. Your helping him in his Hammond Walgreens arrestincident didn't turn out well...

Best of luck to you in helping anty on this case. I'm sureyou can pull out somegrand concepts to befuddle and bewilder the prosecution.But, in the end, if he is convicted, you won't have to go back to the graybar hotel.

imported post

selling a plant is not illegal in a free society.

shooting someone who attacks you with a rifle is legal in a free society even if there is a plant around

VORiaSOI

imported post

how much weed were you buying?

60 miles one way makes me think it was more than a joint. you can buy a joint in hammond. it would have to be cheap enough to offset the fuel, so maybe a pound or so?

mark, do you know?