Thread: Tidewater Sept Dining out - El Mejor Rodeo on the 20th

Post imported post

I know its kind of short notice, but that does everyone think of hitting El Mejor Rodeo on the 20th?

El Mejor Rodeo
    (757) 318-6381
    1716 Pleasure House Rd
    Virginia Beach, VA 23455

Post imported post

I'm in. I think the missus is gonna pass this time. If it's a go I'll call Anita and Matt.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I have 4 that have never been that are suppose to make it as well!

Post imported post

I don't think that I can make this one. I have a really bad case of tonsillitis and have been sleeping all day with the exception of class and homework. I may be going home this weekend for doctors appointments and rest. We'll see. I'll try to make it if I end up staying here this weekend and am able to talk/eat.:?

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I don't think that I can make this one. I have a really bad case of tonsillitis and have been sleeping all day with the exception of class and homework. I may be going home this weekend for doctors appointments and rest. We'll see. I'll try to make it if I end up staying here this weekend and am able to talk/eat.:?
    Tonsils are more trouble than they're worth! get 'em yanked out and you'll have a happier life... Fewer ear infections & sinus problems. They took mine when I was 8 years old. Oldest daughter's were taken out when she was about the same age.

On the OP: I can't make this one, either. Too far on a school night.

msc
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I was supposed to have them out in August. The night before my surgery I had a fever and had to cancel. Found out it was tonsillitis and have had it 3 times now since. Right now I'm just trying to stay on meds long enough to be well enough to get them out. I am trying to get them out ASAP but it depends on school and my health.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I was supposed to have them out in August. The night before my surgery I had a fever and had to cancel. Found out it was tonsillitis and have had it 3 times now since. Right now I'm just trying to stay on meds long enough to be well enough to get them out. I am trying to get them out ASAP but it depends on school and my health.
    Hope you feel better bud.

Post imported post

dude I'm on 4 different meds right now. I'm loopy as heck. I had to use my ID to buy one medication because apparently people use zyrtec d to make meth:shock:

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    dude I'm on 4 different meds right now. I'm loopy as heck. I had to use my ID to buy one medication because apparently people use zyrtec d to make meth:shock:
    Don't get me started about anything-D!!! It is bad enough that I have to take medicine every day but try buying for one of your children too. Both me and my exwife use our "quota" buying Claritin-D for ourselves. That means we would have to get a grandmother or aunt to buy some for my daughter (assuming they don't need it for themselves). I wish they would simply make it prescription again and I could get a 30 day supply instead of having to go back every 10-15 days.

With your tonsilitis, I had mine out at 20. It hurt like hell for a week. They say you can eat all the ice cream you want. What they don't tell you is that you won't "want" any!!! For pain they gave me tylenol-3 which never works for me so Ididn't takeit.

I can imagine you showing up at the pharmacy OC-ing looking very rough asking for pseudaphedrine!!! They might call the cops on you right there. :-)

BTW: I won't be able to make this dinner. :-(

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    They might call the cops on you right there. :-)
    I don't mind

Post imported post

We can't make the dinner, either.

He's right about not wanting to eat anything, but you don't get ICE CREAM, either. Sherbet is what you get. I don't think they want you to have milk products for some reason (ask a medical-type about that). As an 8 year old when I had them out, I don't remember it hurting as much as Jim said.

Maybe that's why they take them out more oftenwhen you're young. I do remember eating sherbet... a lot of it. It did make it feel better because it helped numb my throat.

Good thing they don't let 8 year olds OC. I know I was sore enough to contemplate violence... :shock:
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Not sure how many regulars are going to me backing it, but looks like I might have as many as 4 first timers at the dinner!

Any more regulars plan on making it?

Cory and Me, Trav, Buzzworm & Co. and 3-4 newbies so far....

Post imported post

That's a Sunday, right?

While I cannot make it, I'll humbly point out that I did not see a time proposed.

Post imported post

DrMark wrote:
    That's a Sunday, right?

While I cannot make it, I'll humbly point out that I did not see a time proposed.

Hmm... 7:00

Post imported post

Why did I think this was Monday?