• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty holsters at the 912 DC Rally

RichV

imported post

I saw a few others wearing empty holsters at the 912 rally yesterday, as a symbol of protest to DC's gun laws. A fair number of people with NRA hats and shirts... and a couple of "Victim / Gun Owner, Choose one" signs.

As for me... I had my empty holster, and had a lot of supportive comments from others in the crowd. Mostly people saying they they had wished they had done the same, as a symbol of our lack of freedom in DC.

A few of the speakers explicitly mentioned the 2nd Amendment, which typically got supportive roars from the crowd. !!!

Anyone else have similar or different experiences yesterday?

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

I wore an empty holster at the 9/12 rally yesterday and was stopped twice by LEOs; the first one just asked if I had a weapon and when I replied that I did not he left me alone. The second one, I think he was DHS, tried to make me remove my holster. I think at first that he had intentions of confiscating it, but when I refused to remove it he then changed to asking me to take it off and put it away. Heinformedme that it was against the law to have gun paraphernalia and I said that I didn't have any firearms, magazines or ammunitition and asked him if I was under arrest. He didn't answer and tried to separate me from the group that I was with, both to intimidate me and to get away from the video camera. In the mean time, a DC cop took my picture with his cell phone and then told the crowd that was gathering and demanding that the cops stop harassing me that I was a "threat".

When I still refused to comply with any of the instructions of the DHS officer he finally admitted after being asked 3 times that he was not arresting me. He informed me that he was "pro-gun" but that other cops were not and that if I continued to wear the holster that I might get shot because someone could mistakenly think that I had a gun!

I will post the video when I get it. I am waiting for my friend to return to Texas and then she will send it to me.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I went but did not wear my holster.

I thought about it, and decided to not distract form the larger message.

Amazing how many showed up, and how many more there are like us who did not make it.

2a4all

imported post

GirlsWithGuns wrote:
I wore an empty holster at the 9/12 rally yesterday and was stopped twice by LEOs; the first one just asked if I had a weapon and when I replied that I did not he left me alone. The second one, I think he was DHS, tried to make me remove my holster. I think at first that he had intentions of confiscating it, but when I refused to remove it he then changed to asking me to take it off and put it away. Heinformedme that it was against the law to have gun paraphernalia and I said that I didn't have any firearms, magazines or ammunitition and asked him if I was under arrest. He didn't answer and tried to separate me from the group that I was with, both to intimidate me and to get away from the video camera. In the mean time, a DC cop took my picture with his cell phone and then told the crowd that was gathering and demanding that the cops stop harassing me that I was a "threat".

When I still refused to comply with any of the instructions of the DHS officer he finally admitted after being asked 3 times that he was not arresting me. He informed me that he was "pro-gun" but that other cops were not and that if I continued to wear the holster that I might get shot because someone could mistakenly think that I had a gun!

I will post the video when I get it. I am waiting for my friend to return to Texas and then she will send it to me.
Way to go! :celebrate Too many of these LEOs are self-appointed interpreters of the law, and many police forces become little more than legally armed gangs when engaged in monitoring lawful assemblies.

RichV

imported post

GirlsWithGuns wrote:

Wow... I walked right by a bunch of officers - holster side to them... they didn't even notice. Glad to hear that the crowd stood up for you!

Would like to see the video when it's available.

Thanks for the responses.