• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty holsters at 9/12 march

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

GirlsWithGuns wrote:
Milbars wrote:
GirlsWithGuns wrote:
When I still refused to comply with any of the instructions of the DHS officer he finally admitted after being asked 3 times that he was not arresting me. He informed me that he was "pro-gun" but that other cops were not and that if I continued to wear the holster that I might get shot because someone could mistakenly think that I had a gun!

So what the guy was saying here is "We have comprehension problems after the years of training that we have and we might shoot you for something that in no way resembles a firearm"?

WOW!

Is it always department policy to shoot first, identify later?
It seems that way! I asked him who was going to shoot me since no one is supposed to have guns except law enforcement! Even if there was a gun in the holster, if there was no threatening move they would still be hard pressed to call it justifiable. But an empty holster is pretty distinguishable from one with a pistol in it, at least I have not had a problem making that distinction.
I'm proud of you for standing your ground.
Every time someone, like yourself, stands up for your rights instead of taking the easy way out, we all get stronger.

To quote the last great President we had...
Bully, Bully!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I'm proud of you for standing your ground.
Every time someone, like yourself, stands up for your rights instead of taking the easy way out, we all get stronger.

To quote the last great President we had...
Bully, Bully!
+1 Thank You.

BTW - the "Old Lion" was awarded the Medal of Honor years after his death for his heroism at San Juan Hill - not many know that.

Yata hey

Neplusultra

imported post

How many would you estimate were there at the rally? I've heard news reports from tens of thousand (which I know is crap) and 2 million, which although it warms my heart also sounds like crap :^).

Neplusultra

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Based on the preliminary AERIAL photos being disseminated there could have been no fewer than 2 million people in attendance.

The media is in the government's pocket. The PEOPLE are not... not nearly as many as they would like, anyway.
Where are you finding aerial photos?????

NEVER MIND, as I often do, when I jump into a thread long after it's started I should read the whole thing before asking questions as they have probably already been answered.... :^)

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
How many would you estimate were there at the rally? I've heard news reports from tens of thousand (which I know is crap) and 2 million, which although it warms my heart also sounds like crap :^).
I would guess around 700,000. There were people all over the side streets and coming and going all during the day so it is hard to count. Photos requested can be found at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2338125/posts(copied from earlier post). It was truly impressive and I am glad to have been there. Let's hope the Second Amendment March has similar numbers. For those who don't know about that one, it is 4/19/2010 in DC and each stat has it's own march. Info at www.secondamendmentmarch.com. I will be speaking at the VA second amendment march on 4/12/2010.

riverrat10k

imported post

You did a great job, GWG. Don't be intimidated by the swine. Know your rights and know how to handle yourself.

Way to go.

For videa and pics, see also links from Michelle Malkin, Hot Air, Gateway Pundit, or Breitbart.

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
You did a great job, GWG. Don't be intimidated by the swine. Know your rights and know how to handle yourself.

Way to go.

For videa and pics, see also links from Michelle Malkin, Hot Air, Gateway Pundit, or Breitbart.
got links?

riverrat10k

ScottyT

imported post

I think the most accurate estimates are about 400,000 - 500,000. Based on my own experience there as well as the great crowd size map from the inauguration.

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Any update on the video?
if you mean the video of the incident with the holster and the cop, I am waiting for my friend to get back to Texas so she can send it to me. I hope to have it in the next day or two!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Quick story:

I stayed at the Hilton Labor Day weekend about 3 blocks from the White House. The hotel had a channel that had the same programing over and over. One of the skits was a Vietnam veteran dressed in an authentic M.P. uniform visiting and saluting the wall. Part of his authentic uniform was an EMPTY LEATHER HOLSTER!!

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I may be defending a criminal case in the U.S.D.C./EDVa/Alexandria, arising out of an individual's having had a gun in his car while parked on federal property. Probable cause was based on his having an empty holster at the Metro station. Because of comments the cops made at the time, it's clear to me that the case was politically motivated, and that he was arrested for the specific purpose of interfering with his right to express his political opinions publicly at that event.

I would very much like to hear from anyone and everyone who was in any way given a hard time with respect to having worn an empty holster that day, particularly if you'd be willing to show up and testify in court.

My email address is listed in my "user" profile.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

user wrote:
I may be defending a criminal case in the U.S.D.C./EDVa/Alexandria, arising out of an individual's having had a gun in his car while parked on federal property. Probable cause was based on his having an empty holster at the Metro station. Because of comments the cops made at the time, it's clear to me that the case was politically motivated, and that he was arrested for the specific purpose of interfering with his right to express his political opinions publicly at that event.

I would very much like to hear from anyone and everyone who was in any way given a hard time with respect to having worn an empty holster that day, particularly if you'd be willing to show up and testify in court.

Give em hell, User!:cool:

Tomahawk

imported post

user wrote:

Wow.

That's why you don't identify yourself unless required by law. Remember, when a cop is talking to you, he is looking for a reason to arrest you.Mouth shut and eyes open.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
"Probable cause?"

Wouldn't that be analagous to having ICE come in and check the green cards of everyone participating in a pro-immigration rally?

TFred

Yup. Sort of like the time I defended a DUI where the guy was arrested because he was the only driver on I-66 who was obeying the speed limit.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

user wrote:
Wow, I'd love to know what law he's charged with violating.

However, if your only comment on this pending case is "no comment," I'll understand.