Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ConfederateSoul Update Thread

Post imported post

OK, I have asked the mods to remove my thread as it contained details of my arrest which I could not delete all of on my own. This is whereI will keep you all informed as to the progress of my situation. John Monroe is getting a lot of information from me, so that is about where it stands for the time being. I think we should have a pretty strong case if he chooses to represent me(and I can compensate him for the work,lol).

Post imported post

OK, Mr. Monroe has requested a copy of the police report, so I stopped to get that tonight. The lady at the window said it could take 7-10 days for them to pull the report, so I think that is where this is going to sit for the time being.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good idea. I trust the Mr. Monroe will serve you well if he feels you ahve a good case. I thought so, but IANAL.

Good luck to you!
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Good! Keep us up to date. I'll be watching this closely. This was GFSZA related correct? If so I would also add this for scrutiny by your counsel.

ETA:Tried to attach it but maybe the file is too big.

Anyway, the case is United States v. Hoffmeyer

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
    OK, I have asked the mods to remove my thread as it contained details of my arrest which I could not delete all of on my own. This is whereI will keep you all informed as to the progress of my situation. John Monroe is getting a lot of information from me, so that is about where it stands for the time being. I think we should have a pretty strong case if he chooses to represent me(and I can compensate him for the work,lol).
    Hope all goes well and that you don't find the need to follow gollbladder13's suggestion.

And, in the meantime, please be more aware of what you're doing and where you are. Simply forgetting important and relevantstuff is not a good way to finish the day!

Hope you get your Kimber back soon.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Hope all goes well and that you don't find the need to follow gollbladder13's suggestion.
    Without hijacking the thread, because I too wish him the best, I never gave anybody legal advice, nor claimed to. Don't soil this thread with my other one.

CS - Smart move on deleting the old post. I hope the case goes well for you. Keep us posted.

Post imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Without hijacking the thread, because I too wish him the best, I never gave anybody legal advice, nor claimed to. Don't soil this thread with my other one.

CS - Smart move on deleting the old post. I hope the case goes well for you. Keep us posted.
    I beg to differ, sir. You did give him legal advice on what to say. It was poor advice. It was also one of the reasons why CS's thread needed to be removed from public access. I have a copy of my post in that thread, which included your advice. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

Post imported post

Gentlemen, let us remain civil. Bickering amongst ouselves serves no purpose but to distract us from our course of action. I appreciate any and all advice given. Someone once told me when advice is freely given you can afford to choose which to listen to.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

When advice is freely given, you can count on its value.

ETA: To avoid hijacking; I suspect that my definition of 'advice' is a bit more precise in that I am recommending no action.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    When advice is freely given, you can count on its value.
    Thanks for that bit of, um, advice!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned

Post imported post

Doug, You are no longer a State Researcher?

Banned

Post imported post

For sometime. I pissed MAJ Stoll off too many times and won't treat him like HentiettaTG (HankT Troll) does . HankT is your 'State Researcher' now. And that's OK, if HentiettaTG can be a SR then I am not qualified, clearly.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    ...then I am not qualified, clearly.
    Clearly. You were the fellow who once opined:

"As to alcohol; there is good evidence that alcohol, within a limit, improves shooting - reduces tremors and speeds reaction time."

This was in the context of a self-defense situation, mind you...

Banned

Post imported post

Grima WormTongue:Theoden, King::HankT Troll:who??? Surely not our moderator/owner.

Back in your corner cur-putz.

Post imported post

OK, guys

Just thinking, so give me some input. I still have my .357 snubby and a OWB holster. Do you think it is wise for me to continue to open carry? In the approved areas mind you, lol. I don't want to risk another incident before the current one is fixed...

Post imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
    OK, guys

Just thinking, so give me some input. I still have my .357 snubby and a OWB holster. Do you think it is wise for me to continue to open carry? In the approved areas mind you, lol. I don't want to risk another incident before the current one is fixed...
    Your need to carry for self-defense has not changed one iota. And you did not make an error of judgment in use of your gun. It's not like you're some anty506 type who got snagged for pushing the limit somehow.

So, barring any legal constraints, you should continue to do what you were doing before.

I might suggest getting a pair of CTC grips for that revo, though...

Good luck.

Post imported post

the revo is a taurus617, you can't find squat for that thing as far as aftermarket goes

Post imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
    the revo is a taurus617, you can't find squat for that thing as far as aftermarket goes
    Two words: Smith & Wesson.

Post imported post

3 words, way too expensive lol

My piece is a titanium 7 shot .357, I picked it up 2nd hand at GM for $300...

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Grima WormTongue:Theoden, King::HankT Troll:who??? Surely not our moderator/owner.

Back in your corner cur-putz.
    Love the LOTR reference!

Now there was a master of language.
    "Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind you teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!"--Gandalf
    Present company excluded of course. :P
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:

How can it be too expensive when you were walking around with a $1200 Kimber Crimson Carry?

LOL.

The Taurus is a good gun, I'm sure. But you've already learned that a laser-assisted platform is reallllllllly good.

Get a Smith.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    ConfederateSoul wrote:

How can it be too expensive when you were walking around with a $1200 Kimber Crimson Carry?

LOL.

The Taurus is a good gun, I'm sure. But you've already learned that a laser-assisted platform is reallllllllly good.

Get a Smith.

ROFL ROFL
    I never thought of it that way
    The Kimber was supposed to be my last gun related purcharse for quite a while, as per an agreement with my wife. I saved about a half of it on my own and took the rest out ofour much larger than expected tax return.
    If I buy another snubby, I want a ruger LCR...

Post imported post

Hey,I was just looking through the Milwaukee Open Carry Map thread, and i noticed this in the advidory to the Police Officers. This was in the section on gun free school zones.

3. The officer must reasonably suspect that the person

is committing, has committed or is about to

commit a crime. This quantum is not the same as

probable cause to arrest; it is less than that, but

more than "mere suspicion."

So, unless I am reading something wrong, they can't stop you, even when armed in a school zone, if they don't believe you are comitting a crime? But then, even being in a SZ with a gun is a crime, so I'm a little confused on this one....

Post imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
    Hey,I was just looking through the Milwaukee Open Carry Map thread, and i noticed this in the advidory to the Police Officers. This was in the section on gun free school zones.

3. The officer must reasonably suspect that the person

is committing, has committed or is about to

commit a crime. This quantum is not the same as

probable cause to arrest; it is less than that, but

more than "mere suspicion."

So, unless I am reading something wrong, they can't stop you, even when armed in a school zone, if they don't believe you are comitting a crime? But then, even being in a SZ with a gun is a crime, so I'm a little confused on this one....
    What you quoted above is what's needed to conduct a Terry stop; it's often reffered to as RAS (Reasonable Articuable Suspicion). It shouldn't be construed tobe directly related with the GFSZ.

If they believe; for instance,that a person is within a SZ and can see that person is carrying a firearm, they have RAS to stop and question you. Fromwhat I understand, from there they can take possession of your fiream as well without violating 4A jurisprudence.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

I think you might be reading to much into that. If you are in a SZ (OC), and I cop saw you, he/she would have seen you break the law. So it would fall into the "is committing" a crime (in this case a Class I Felony). After that, I am not even sure if you would retain the right to own guns (does a class I felony take that right away?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast