• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ConfederateSoul Update Thread

ConfederateSoul

imported post

OK, I have asked the mods to remove my thread as it contained details of my arrest which I could not delete all of on my own. This is whereI will keep you all informed as to the progress of my situation. John Monroe is getting a lot of information from me, so that is about where it stands for the time being. I think we should have a pretty strong case if he chooses to represent me(and I can compensate him for the work,lol).

ConfederateSoul

imported post

OK, Mr. Monroe has requested a copy of the police report, so I stopped to get that tonight. The lady at the window said it could take 7-10 days for them to pull the report, so I think that is where this is going to sit for the time being.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good idea. I trust the Mr. Monroe will serve you well if he feels you ahve a good case. I thought so, but IANAL. :dude:

Good luck to you!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Good! Keep us up to date. I'll be watching this closely. This was GFSZA related correct? If so I would also add this for scrutiny by your counsel.

ETA:Tried to attach it but maybe the file is too big.

Anyway, the case is United States v. Hoffmeyer

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
OK, I have asked the mods to remove my thread as it contained details of my arrest which I could not delete all of on my own. This is whereI will keep you all informed as to the progress of my situation. John Monroe is getting a lot of information from me, so that is about where it stands for the time being. I think we should have a pretty strong case if he chooses to represent me(and I can compensate him for the work,lol).
Hope all goes well and that you don't find the need to follow gollbladder13's suggestion.

And, in the meantime, please be more aware of what you're doing and where you are. Simply forgetting important and relevantstuff is not a good way to finish the day!

Hope you get your Kimber back soon.

gollbladder13

imported post

HankT wrote:
Hope all goes well and that you don't find the need to follow gollbladder13's suggestion.
Without hijacking the thread, because I too wish him the best, I never gave anybody legal advice, nor claimed to. Don't soil this thread with my other one.

CS - Smart move on deleting the old post. I hope the case goes well for you. Keep us posted.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Without hijacking the thread, because I too wish him the best, I never gave anybody legal advice, nor claimed to. Don't soil this thread with my other one.

CS - Smart move on deleting the old post. I hope the case goes well for you. Keep us posted.
I beg to differ, sir. You did give him legal advice on what to say. It was poor advice. It was also one of the reasons why CS's thread needed to be removed from public access. I have a copy of my post in that thread, which included your advice. If anyone wants a copy, PM me.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

Gentlemen, let us remain civil. Bickering amongst ouselves serves no purpose but to distract us from our course of action. I appreciate any and all advice given. Someone once told me when advice is freely given you can afford to choose which to listen to.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
...then I am not qualified, clearly.

Clearly. You were the fellow who once opined:

"As to alcohol; there is good evidence that alcohol, within a limit, improves shooting - reduces tremors and speeds reaction time."

This was in the context of a self-defense situation, mind you...

ConfederateSoul

imported post

OK, guys

Just thinking, so give me some input. I still have my .357 snubby and a OWB holster. Do you think it is wise for me to continue to open carry? In the approved areas mind you, lol. I don't want to risk another incident before the current one is fixed...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ConfederateSoul wrote:
OK, guys

Just thinking, so give me some input. I still have my .357 snubby and a OWB holster. Do you think it is wise for me to continue to open carry? In the approved areas mind you, lol. I don't want to risk another incident before the current one is fixed...

Your need to carry for self-defense has not changed one iota. And you did not make an error of judgment in use of your gun. It's not like you're some anty506 type who got snagged for pushing the limit somehow.

So, barring any legal constraints, you should continue to do what you were doing before.

I might suggest getting a pair of CTC grips for that revo, though...

Good luck.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

3 words, way too expensive lol

My piece is a titanium 7 shot .357, I picked it up 2nd hand at GM for $300...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Grima WormTongue:Theoden, King::HankT Troll:who??? Surely not our moderator/owner.

Back in your corner cur-putz.

Love the LOTR reference!

Now there was a master of language.
"Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind you teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!"--Gandalf
Present company excluded of course. :D:p