Thread: Madison 911 call which led to disorderly conduct charge did not report disorderly conduct

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Dugg
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Oddly he asked if there was a "concealed" handgun law and then went on to describe a rather large gun on his hip. That does not sound concealed to me. So the dispatcher was asked a question about a law that did not even apply to the person he was calling about.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

lockman wrote:
    Oddly he asked if there was a "concealed" handgun law and then went on to describe a rather large gun on his hip. That does not sound concealed to me. So the dispatcher was asked a question about a law that did not even apply to the person he was calling about.
    That's Wisconsin.

LEO comes to investigate this for no valid reason, why? In Racine, somebody calls in about a Raccoon Shooting and a guy gets kidnapped from his home by LEO. Both have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL CALL.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Great to hear "Ryan" is asking the right question.

Separately, I've learned to briefly define the Fourth Amendment in conversation and posts. Surprisingly--well, maybe not--lots of people have no idea which amendment is #4 or what it covers.

Here on OCDO, the first time I mention it in apost,I usually write something like, "The 4th Amendment (search and seizure) prohibits..."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Who is the Mr. Davis they refer two twice in that article?

Post imported post

Seems the dispatch community needs a law refresher course.

They seem to correctly know that there is no law allowing CC but are ignorant to the fact that OC is legal.

Call should have ended with

Ryan-- a gentleman walked past me with a rather large gun attached to his hip

Dispatch-- Sir.. we don't allow CC in this state but he is allowed to OC a gun. Is he waving it around or threatening anyone?

Ryan--No, he's just walking down the sidewalk.

Dispatch--Is the man doing anything else but walking normally down the sidewalk?

Ryan--No, he's just walking

Dispatch--Thanks for the call but this man is doing nothing illegal, have a nice day...click.

Post imported post

If the caller had asked the dispatcher "Is there a law on the books that allows a person to eat pretzles while drinking a Dr. Pepper?" the dispatcher would have had to say, "No, there is no such law on the books."

Would this have caused the police to be dispatched for a man with a snack call?

Laws only make things illegal, they don't make thing legal.

Post imported post

MadisonRebel wrote:
    Who is the Mr. Davis they refer two twice in that article?
    typo, now fixed.

Post imported post

lockman wrote:
    Oddly he asked if there was a "concealed" handgun law and then went on to describe a rather large gun on his hip.
    Yeah, a lot of people refer to any carry of aconcealable gun is "concealed cary" or use that term as the most handy one they can think of.

Banned

Post imported post

These questions should be brought up to the dispatch supervisors. After all the dispatchers are really wasting a lot of officers time and tax payers money by sending an officer to the scene of "NO" crime.