• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Little Education Goes A Long Way

Undertaker

imported post

During a funeral service last Tuesday, a lady approached, holding her grandbaby, to point out that the gentleman seated in the back row had a large knife in his back pocket. She asked me to keep an eye on him. I knew the man very well, he was a local farmer and always carried his8" Buck on his belt. He had merely removed the clip sheath from his belt and stuck it in his hip pocket for comfort I'm sure, andalso not to have it clank around on the chair.I assured her he was perfectly legal and she was as safe as she could possibly be. I knew most everyone there and knew a few other men in attendance that never left home without their sidearm. After a few educational minutes in the lounge, reassuring her that the 'knife man' had as much her safety in mind as his own and quickly educating her on how safe she and her grandbaby were here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky she walked right back into the chapel and sat right in front of the man in question. I didn't even have to lift my suit jacket to assure her on my behalf. Education goes a long way.

langzaiguy

imported post

Absolutely. Though, unfortuantely, I think he would need a CCDW for an 8" knife as it seems semi-concealed. Kinda ridiculous, but whatever.

Glad you made the best of an opportunity.

langzaiguy

imported post

I checked, gutshot, and you are correct--no CCDW needed for "a pocket knife or hunting knife".

langzaiguy

imported post

My dad used to work for Kentucky Utilities--at the time he carried a machete in case he had to cut through brush while on the job. I suppose he was acting illegally as well. Strange stuff.