• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting rid of the Glock

nevinsb

imported post

I think I am going to trade my G17 in on a 92FS. Anyone interested in it? It's got 3 factory magazines, and has about 250 rounds into it. I also have a internal laser sight if anyone wants that.

DSC02610.jpg

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Be sure to try out the Beretta before you buy/sell imo. Just looking at the specs of the two guns you're getting a larger, heavier pistol and sacrificing 2 rounds if you go with the Beretta.

I've shot and held a 92fs many times and do not really like them. If this is a case of you not liking the Glock the perhaps try a XDm or an M&P. I believe those are in a somewhat similar price range.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

100% agree. The 92fs is a good weapon but it's not for everyone. I know fletcher arms in Waukesha has one to rent.

AaronS

imported post

I have shot both, and still have my very old 92 (so old I think she can drink now).

For me, I love the Glock in my hand. The gun fires well, it fires fast, and I can hit what I point it at. Good gun, but...

I like a switch on any gun that I carry. A hammer, and a safe switch. Its just my feeling for my carry guns. So I love my 92, as it has both, and I shoot better with it. It is big, but I don't mind that at all. Oh, my 92 is a Gen.1 Taurus. The Beretta safety switch flips up to fire, I demand that my hand guns have a "switch down" to fire.

Now, you got the recoil tube laser on that Glock. That might make me rethink Glock a bit. It would be a great gun to keep near the bed. A small flash light on that thing, and it was just made for home protection. If I were looking, I might just snap this Glock up. And it looks so clean. At 250 rounds, the gun is not even broken in yet.

nevinsb

imported post

They usually go for about 425 in similar condition. That stupid little lasermax internal thing was like $350. I would like to get 175 for it.

I was debating about getting a XD, but if I do, I would go with a .45, not another 9mm.

The Glock is IMO a better 9mm than the 92FS, but I find it quicker to reset on target.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
Be sure to try out the Beretta before you buy/sell imo. Just looking at the specs of the two guns you're getting a larger, heavier pistol and sacrificing 2 rounds if you go with the Beretta.

I've shot and held a 92fs many times and do not really like them. If this is a case of you not liking the Glock the perhaps try a XDm or an M&P. I believe those are in a somewhat similar price range.
This has got to be a tiny "sacrifice." Neglible, actually, in the final selection/decision process. Especially considering other more important considerations.

nevinsb

imported post

Nope. I guess I will have to see if I can get them to issue one when I ship out in Nov. BTW, the laser is still for sale.