• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Beach women shot dead on beach

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

killchain wrote:
HankT wrote:
marshaul wrote:
HankT wrote:
Somebody needed to take that goof's gunsaway from him...
This guy murdered his girlfriend. He shot her multiple times. Of course, owning a gun (he was an ex-cop?), that's the obvious weapon. But say he'd had a knife instead? What would lead you to expect a different outcome?

He didn't have a knife. He didn't use a knife. We don't even know if he owns a knife!

Where do you get this knife stuff from?

He had a gun. Not a knife. He apparently was a law-abiding citizen with a gun. He was a prosperous business guy, too.

He's one of us. He's our guy.

But now...

Brian K. Brush = goof with a gun

What's with this knife thing....?
39.gif
I'm not even going to explain why the previous poster used a knife as an example, because I believe you know.

What knife???

There was NO knife!!!!

Can we stick to the case, puh-leeze?

usaf0906

imported post

I think it is safe to say that HankT's comments have very little, if any, value to this topic.

/thinks HankT owns a knife

Trigger Dr

imported post

Under the circumstances as reported, the cops would have been just as guilty as the perp.

tannerwaterbury wrote:
I think the cops were too merciful. They should of shot him DEAD after they saw him KILLING someone in front of their view. Lets just hope he gets what he deserves in court. :banghead:

joeroket

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Under the circumstances as reported, the cops would have been just as guilty as the perp.

tannerwaterbury wrote:
I think the cops were too merciful. They should of shot him DEAD after they saw him KILLING someone in front of their view. Lets just hope he gets what he deserves in court. :banghead:
As reported they did not see the victims body until they were subduing the perp. I got the impression, from other news reports, that the perp was on the other side of a dune and the officers could not see the victim and did not know what the perp was shooting.

tannerwaterbury

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

tannerwaterbury wrote:
As reported they did not see the victims body until they were subduing the perp. I got the impression, from other news reports, that the perp was on the other side of a dune and the officers could not see the victim and did not know what the perp was shooting.
Ah I thought they SAW the guy kill the lady. I guess I misread the paper.

joeroket

imported post

tannerwaterbury wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
Under the circumstances  as reported, the cops would have been just as guilty as the perp.

tannerwaterbury wrote:
Ah I thought they SAW the guy kill the lady. I guess I misread the paper.

Some articles made it sound like they actually witnessed the killing but they in fact did not know it was a homicide until they saw the body during the arrest.