• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Militec

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

bom1911 wrote:
http://www.militec.com/

Has anyone used Militec? It looks promising and I was thinking of giving it a try.
I've used both their oil and grease on pistols and rifles; they are great products! The grease allows you to clean and lube a weapon and know that it will always be ready to shoot, because the grease will stay in place over long periods... perfect for your everyday carry weapon. The oil product will be absorbed into the metal when it warms up during a shooting session or a visit to a warm oven and can then be used sparingly so as not to attract dirt. There is a dealer on eBay who has some good prices. NFI

Dave

Jung

imported post

MILITEC-1 is the best firearm lubricant I have ever tried. While I was in Afghanistan I was trying all sorts of stuff to keep my weapon working reliably and clean. Completely dry, doesn't attract dust, and kept my M4 Carbine cycling rounds smoothly. The most I've put through my M4 before cleaning after trying this was approx 200 rounds. Make sure you follow the application instructions or it won't work very well.

Another "dry" product I tried was Tuf-Cloth and Tuf-Glide by Sentry Solutions. It's half the price and works about as well as MILITEC-1 for the first 90-120 rounds. After that it's like you never had lubricant on it in the first place and after taking the firearm apart I could see where various parts were rubbing together.

For a military application MILITEC-1 is definitely the winner with Tuf-Glide in second. Third place would be leaving the firearm bone dry.

For civilian fun at the range I still would put MILITEC-1 in first place. Second would be just about any "mil-spec" CLP with Tuf-Glide being close to last. Tuf-Glide would be good for preventing rust on the outside of the firearm though.